Author Topic: Skate size worries  (Read 2406 times)

Holyskin

Skate size worries
« on: February 07, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »
Hi guys just a quick one. Im a new skater (used to skate in my teens) wanted to get back into it in my 30s. I've ordered a pair of supreme 170s after a visit to a local shop. I was measured up for a size 8EE im a short guy (5'7'ish) and didn't think my feet are particularly wide but vthey are completely flat,  not even a mote of an arch on my insides. I tried some vapors but my little toe felt pinched in the toe cap so I was recommended the supreme s I do favor its feel.
Now my question is,  im a size 8 shoe, rarely a 9 depending on shoe so I was a little concerned I was also an 8 skate?  I've read so much about how  skates are a smaller size and im just worried something is messed up somewhere.  Once my order arrives the shop is baking them for me.  Does this fit review seem right to you?  Im new at this and am at vthe mercy of the store. I just want a comfortable fit that's truly correct for me

JohnBoy

Re: Skate size worries
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 04:24:06 pm »
Hi, Did you get sorted with your boots? I am looking at supreme range myself, but I seen few people had to go bigger with Supremes just the way their foot was.

Holyskin

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:07:22 pm »
I got it sorted yes.  I was measured as a UK size 8 EE. The shop advisor recorded a 7.5 ee skate and ive beenvery happy with them.  The heel lock os superb amd I've had zero blisters (they are fully thermoformed).  When I get on my tip toes my toes JUST brush the inside toe caps so recon I could have gone down another half size.  The General rule of thumb seems to be 2 sizes to 1.5 sizes smaller thsn your shoe size. I've been happy with mine however.  Hope this helps.

JohnBoy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 01:01:10 pm »
Yeah it helped but I also got measured up and went for the Supremes i am happy with them they're light on the feet no aches or pains either lol

icedout

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 08:27:46 am »
Hello, I have a bit of a problem myself kinda the same situation but i have really skinny ankles and if i don't pad mine out with socks it feels like my skates are going to break my ankle. Do you know of any skates specific brands that have thinner straps??

Thanks

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy