Author Topic: Ice skates problem  (Read 685 times)

cysiopek

Ice skates problem
« on: January 17, 2016, 06:50:09 PM »
Hello Guys! Im not from uk but in my country i cant find ice skating forum. So sorry for my english. I have problem because i don't know what skates i should buy. I have some kind of oxelo skates form decathlon shop, but these are worn off and not so stiff. I now know some basics of ice skating like striding and crossovers and i can hockey stop pretty well but these skates are not stiff enough i believe. I came here to ask you guys what skates i need. I had on my feet CCM's jetspeed 260 size EU 42,  like my normal shoe size, they fitted very well in widht but,  but i wasnt touching with my toe the end of the skate. Were they too big or is it okay? What you think are there better skates in similar price? Maybe some bauer's?
Looking forward to your answer,
kind regards,
Cysiopek

P.S. sorry again for my english hope you'll understand me

MadMax

Re: Ice skates problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:41:05 PM »
Hi

Your big toes should just touch the ends of your skates before you Bake them or break them in. In simple terms the stiffer the skate you can get the better. Firstly for support but also from the point of view that if you take a slap shot to the foot you have a far better chance of it not fracturing one of the bones.

Fractured bones in the foot are a very common injury from hard puck hits  :-[ depends on budget but I would go for one of the stiffer Bauer skates I have MX3s
Ice Hockey is DEFINITELY harder, but Figure Skating is DEFINITELY more difficult.

Skate UK 1-10, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and playing Hockey.