Author Topic: backwards lemons  (Read 8482 times)

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
Re: backwards lemons
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 08:32:54 pm »
I never use the spell check. As long as people understand what I mean
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

rach

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 08:42:01 pm »
You can tell I never spell check, or in fact read most of my answers from all the mistakes I make.... Belive me I take more care at work!
But my kids think I am deaf and i'm only 26! One actually asked (when studying florence nightingale and mary seacole) if I was her teacher too...... hmmm wasn't sure what to say to that! Showed them timeline to get concept of it being a long time ago and when I showed them me as baby just tiny way away from them being baby they were amzaed 'cos that was 'aaaaagggggggggeeeeeees' but they got the picture!I love kids and all their little bizarre thinking!

smelltheice

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »
Kids are the real geniuses of the world because they can connect things that adults, set in the their preconceptions could and would never connect.
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

molly

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 09:12:26 pm »
I will never forget, about 28 years ago reading a pupils work, who said "when miss was young they made gas from coal" I was only about 24 at the time. I leave you to work out your own dates for the change to natural gas!  :P
Ritirement might be good but I do miss the kids - and I taught 11 to 16 . :idiot2:
started skating  in April 07, age 53
Passed level 10 last year. Now just working on improving.

smelltheice

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 09:15:46 pm »
When I was in secondary school. My german teacher threatened to smack me across the face when I ask him to explain the comments her had made on my work. He gave me a detention for it and the reason on the detention slip was not handing in homework. I never did get an explanation for it!!

rach

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 09:19:42 pm »
When I was at secondary school I (and my friends) befriended one teacher it was much more fun chatting about love life etc than doing any work..... and then the rest of class would get yelled at to stop shatting and get on with work! That was amusing!

Paul 2

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 12:13:54 am »
Rach,

I hope the kids weren't really doing what you said in your previous post!

To get back to the lemons (if anybody still cares), I found forward lemons impossible at first and would get stuck with my feet apart, unable to move them backwards or forwards, then one day I did something differently (still don't know what) and I could do them. I now do them cos I can, backward lemons aren't quite as good, but after having been stuck on the lemons for a long time I realised that you should be able to do most things eventually, although my time scale seems to be measured in months rather than weeks.
Skating at Sheffield and Hull. Started Skate UK April 2007
L 6 March 2012. Still working on L 7! The harder the struggle, the more frustrating it is

sweeneytodd

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 06:41:36 am »
Good news on the forwards.  Backwardsare same principal, but seems lots ofpeopelhave block on backwarss.

Slippy Slider

• My 'expression of horror' on ice is Concentration!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 06:27:38 pm »
Have just got back from having another practice at these, after taking in the discussion here (and on me getting my head straightened out!)

I felt like a different skater compared to the other day - still plenty of room for improvement on Backwards Lemons but much, much, much better and I know that I improved during the session too, trying out all the different advice off the forum and therefore starting to find my way of doing them - so cheers  O0
Lost in a world of infinite possibilities, but with no Chocolate Hobnobs  :P

dippytrout27

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 06:54:17 pm »
You're welcome.  They will get better with more practice and remember, the exercise is excellent for your inner thighs  ;)
Bronze Dance - PASSED :)   Bronze Free - PASSED :)
Silver Dance - PASSED :)     Silver Free - PASSED :)
Gold Dance - PASSED :)

Slippy Slider

• My 'expression of horror' on ice is Concentration!
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 09:33:55 pm »
I gathered that as I really felt them today - probably because my posture was better than before. 
Lost in a world of infinite possibilities, but with no Chocolate Hobnobs  :P

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy