Author Topic: Picking the right skate  (Read 2761 times)

krome_ninja

Picking the right skate
« on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:26 pm »
Hello all, I'm new here so sorry if this is the wrong section for this question.

I am about to purchase some skates for myself 'Easton stealth 55s' but, I'm  not sure what size to get. I am a size 8 in a UK shoe so would I get an 8 or a 7?

Thank you for any help.

~Matt

Noorah101

• Started skating April 2010
Re: Picking the right skate
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 04:07:13 pm »
You need to into the shop in person to try them on.  Skate sizes vary depending on brand and style.  You can't always judge by your personal shoe size.  Some skates are also made more narrow than others and might be uncomfortable on your foot.

With buying skates, you need to try them on in person before purchasing.

Rene
"When you truly want something, all the universe conspires to make it happen". ~ The Alchemist
http://britishexpats.com/blogs/MySkatingJournal

krome_ninja

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 04:33:53 pm »
You need to into the shop in person to try them on.  Skate sizes vary depending on brand and style.  You can't always judge by your personal shoe size.  Some skates are also made more narrow than others and might be uncomfortable on your foot.

With buying skates, you need to try them on in person before purchasing.

Rene
Thanks for the reply, I have had two pairs of skates from Easton before as they do a narrow fit, the size charts online either show size 7 or 7.5 but really not sure. And I can't try then on as I'm buying from an online retailer, I will get the option to return though.

Steve+Kayleigh

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 01:30:05 am »
Thanks for the reply, I have had two pairs of skates from Easton before as they do a narrow fit, the size charts online either show size 7 or 7.5 but really not sure. And I can't try then on as I'm buying from an online retailer, I will get the option to return though.

If you're sticking with the same make why are you asking about size - have your feet grown? If so, go for the next size up (or by however much your feet have grown since your old boots). If you're upgrading to a better/newer boot, try the same size.

icedout

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 10:50:12 am »

Thank you this has answered my questions!! at least you got some feedback to help everyone. Now there are no shops in my area that sell ice skates does anyone have a suggestion?? i can drive anywhere no problem i want the best quality??

Thanks

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy