Author Topic: Braehead Skating Camp 2014  (Read 2541 times)

ice angel

Braehead Skating Camp 2014
« on: January 28, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »
There will be another ICE Braehead Camp in 2014.  Sunday 6th April– Thursday 10th April 2014 with Michael Huth and Simon Briggs.  Registration forms will be available at www.icecoaching elite.co.uk and the NISA website soon.  Tel Simon Briggs on 0774 010 4596 or email. [email protected].    £330.00 for 5 days.

Information and application form for the school can be found on the following websites.

www.icecoachingelite@aol.com

www.dundeeiceskatingclub.co.uk

www.iceskating.org.uk

Debi Briggs is canvassing for opinions on whether the Adult Skating Community would like an Adult only camp to run concurrently, but separately that week.  Comments below please!

Lily

• Skating Illini
Re: Braehead Skating Camp 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 08:12:26 pm »
I would love an adult camp. Considered going last year but couldn't due to lack of funds and bad timing. Would seriously consider going this year if they ran an adult camp.
Skate UK 15/08/2012 - 25/02/2013
Passed Bronze Free 14/05/2013
Passed Silver Free 18/06/2013
Skating in Riedell 910LS with Coronation Ace Blades

Lindsey

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 12:07:29 am »
A few from my rink have already said they wouldn't go to Braehead adult camp again this year due to the way last year's was run. I think it would depend which coaches were on offer, and if there would be reassurance that the adults would be treated the same way the younger skaters are treated. There was a feeling of being second best last year as most of the coaches did not even come onto the ice when it was "adult time", though we were told we would have those coaches on the ice before signing up.

rach

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:41 pm »
I agree Lindsey, I felt like the coaches allocated to our group with the exception of mark pretty much sat off the ice and watched while he got on with it. Despite them being down on paper as working with us.
I still had a lot of fun, and could be persuaded easily if others I know were going ;-) it is after all, about the social side too :-)
I thought last year as a not so confident adult it was a bit off putting sharing the ice with super fast competent skaters and I spent a lot of time feeling intimidated and in the way tbh but like I said I could be convinced :-)

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:52:35 pm »

I thought last year as a not so confident adult it was a bit off putting sharing the ice with super fast competent skaters and I spent a lot of time feeling intimidated and in the way tbh but like I said I could be convinced :-)

You should go to skating confidence classes. Do you know anyone who does them?

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

Lucia

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 09:00:52 am »
Morning all :-)Can anyone attend, I live abroad so have no exams ect . Would love to go.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy