Author Topic: LAFSC - LONDON ADULT FiGURE SKATING CLUB  (Read 7543 times)

LAFSC

LAFSC - LONDON ADULT FiGURE SKATING CLUB
« on: January 25, 2014, 05:22:53 pm »
 Hello Ice Skaters ,

Would like to inform you that on January 19th  the much awaited LAFSC club  Committee was formed.

The LAFSC is an adult membership club which will include skaters from the upper end of SKATE UK and beyond. Interesting skating activities will be held throughout the London region which will include workshops, competitions, off ice social gatherings and more. The membership costs a small sum £20.00 per year which covers membership cards, paperwork costs,admin and membership based events .

We have had amazing responses from London rinks and know that it will be an extremely successful operation .

Please feel free to post your questions on here , any  ideas and suggestions .We have lots od ideas being planned for the coming months.

To all  adult SkateUK skaters and above we need you to participate in skating events .It is a perfect opportunity for you to present yourselves , skills , whatever they might be so we can travel this great skating journey together .

:)

GailSkatesandSparkles

Re: LAFSC - LONDON ADULT FiGURE SKATING CLUB
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 04:33:36 pm »
Well done! This sounds great. I wish I lived closer to London so I could take part.

Good luck!!
Fieldmoves 5
Free 3
Elements 3
Free Dance 3
Pattern Dance 5
Level 2 Skate UK Coach

granita

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 06:39:11 pm »
Our first off two ice training taster sessions are now open for sign ups.

Lulu's DanceFitFusion will take place on Sunday March 9th and Ballet and Pilates for Skaters with Yana Yanezic will be held on April 20. Both classes will be held in the dance studio at Alexandra Palace ice rink. Please follow the two links below for more details and sign up sheets.

If you've not yet joined, we'll be there before the class starts, with forms and membership cards. There are also some guest slots for each class.
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084EACAB2BAAFC1-lulus
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084EACAB2BAAFC1-ballet
Passed level two field moves 29/5/12
Passed level two elements and free 17/6/14

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 10:00:52 am »
Yana is a very good teacher - I would not hesitate to recommend her.  Well worth a go.

granita

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:54:38 pm »
Excellent - I'm really looking forward to both classes!

granita

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 10:46:59 pm »

Don't forget to sign up for our dance and pilates based off ice class next weekend. Although Yana unfortunately can't run the class, a lovely local dancer and qualified pilates instructor has stepped in. This is her website: [size=78%]http://www.pilates-north-london.co.uk/[/size]

If the weather's lovely, I propose we recover with ice cream/cold drinks at the Ally Pally boating lake cafe!

The sign up sheet is easy - just give it a name and email address. Mainly we need to know numbers so we know how many mats to bring along.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084EACAB2BAAFC1-ballet

katepilarr

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 11:10:44 am »
this all sounds very good! once i manage a london holiday i shall see where i can joing in!
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

granita

LAFSC - LONDON ADULT FIGURE SKATING CLUB - Off Ice class
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 06:26:27 pm »

The next LAFSC off ice class will be on September 7 and is a Stretch and Tone session working on legs and core for better spirals.

There are some spots available for non-members, so it's also a chance to come along and meet us and find out what else we're planning.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084eacab2baafc1-office[/font][/size]

granita

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 01:46:07 pm »
Quick reminder about Sunday's off ice class - it'd be lovely to see anyone from the forums there! If you are coming and can bring your own yoga mat, that would be good as we might be short of them.

skaterparadise

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 03:30:46 pm »
thats great

LipVenom

• Mmmm interesting!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »
Its member sign up time for LAFSC!!! We had a great year last year and hope it will be even better this year!!!

Head on over to our facebook page and take a look and have a think about joining!!! We cant work for you if we have no members!!!
Determined to skate with Matt Evers and Brianne Delcourt one day!!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy