Author Topic: Watching hockey  (Read 1973 times)

Iced Cookie

• Living on the edge
Watching hockey
« on: September 03, 2013, 11:13:16 am »
Does anyone else go and watch hockey?

I went to my first Nottingham Panthers game on Friday night they won 7-3  in a friendly against Amiens le Gothics a french team.

I have to say though it didn't to the hype for me. I was told it was all action and exciting the had some fights and the crowds were great and...... well.... it wasn't.  I sat there thinking I'd rather be on there playing.  I'm going to try one more game when they play Sheffield Steelers at the end of the month hopefully that being a competitive game against their big rivals it will be a better atmosphere and game       
22/05/11 Started Skate UK
25/03/12 Completed Skate UK
16/09/12 Completed Passport Free
05/05/13 Completed Passport Dance

Steve+Kayleigh

Re: Watching hockey
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 11:58:40 am »
I'm a Chelmsford Chieftains ( http://www.chelmsfordchieftains.org/ )  fan myself and, although I say it myself, they are a good team, having won both league and play-off cups last season.

I don't follow the northern teams much but from what I do know the Panthers/Steelers game should be good. Panthers have a quite a few titles to be proud of and I believe the Steelers have lost cup finals to them on a number of previous occasions, so quite a bit of rivalry and should make for a good match.

Have fun.

gositspinxxx

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:48:35 pm »
I regularly watch our senior team play and to be honest wether you get lots of action is just down to luck. I've seen quite a few fights but it always amazes me how friendly they all are off the ice! I suppose I have a very different view on the atmosphere as I normally sit with the families(and the coach) so it's very one sided. My interest in hockey only developed after quite a few games, my coaches husband is the team coach and I sometimes help out around the club on game days. Once I knew the people the game became easier to watch for me- don't think I would be very interested in a random teams game

Steve+Kayleigh

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:14:57 pm »
Stick at it long enough and the teams aren't so random. Players move around from season to season, and you then find yourself taking interest in other teams and sizing up how your team will do against them.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy