Author Topic: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome  (Read 46940 times)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome
« Reply #451 on: October 08, 2019, 09:31:32 AM »
Oh Florence, you poor thing!  :o  That's very bad news indeed.

But great that you have actually had the nerve to get back on the ice, even whilst terrified.  I shall be watching for news of your progress and hoping that the cyst shrinks and you can get back to enjoying your skating.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Graf Dance boots and MK Dance blades. It's still a bit slippery...

Florence

« Reply #452 on: October 08, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
Thank you WM, it probably sounds worse than it is, although I feel like Ive aged ten years this last 12 months  :D 

DorvillAndTean

« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2019, 09:37:26 PM »
I still can't do stroking. When I do the 'glide' is very little. I can't change feet quick enough so keep pausing in between and can't even push off my left foot

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2019, 09:53:11 PM »
I still can't do stroking. When I do the 'glide' is very little. I can't change feet quick enough so keep pausing in between and can't even push off my left foot

Rome wasn't built in a day.  It'll come.  Try a glide on one foot, then on two feet while you get your balance and change to push off for a glide on the other foot.  In time you'll be able to spend less time on two feet.  Also start out pushing from the left foot to give that one a better chance.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Graf Dance boots and MK Dance blades. It's still a bit slippery...