Author Topic: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome  (Read 94404 times)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

Re: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome
« Reply #418 on: May 26, 2019, 07:19:58 pm »
Dunno if this link will work as it's to my Instagram but here's tonight's attempt :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx7y9X_hJ_z/?igshid=h1fs4x1q7t9z

It's... something 😂
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #419 on: May 26, 2019, 09:36:08 pm »
It's a start!  And the big smile is a definite plus!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #420 on: June 13, 2019, 08:56:45 am »
Went back to crossunder exercise after a few months.
Forwards CW and CCW and backwards CCW are not too shabby. Backwards CW is weedy and feels awful. CCW I am used to having my pushing foot nicely under me from years of loop jump entries.
More work required.

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #421 on: June 13, 2019, 09:35:38 am »
Crossunder?  ???
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2019, 09:37:50 am »
Crossunder?  ???

Ah what am I talking about?  I've lost it...

I meant Underpush.

Sorry.

A crossunder is a term I have heard used to describe a backwards run.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:40:12 am by transmissionoftheflame »

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2019, 10:35:51 am »
Ah, I did wonder if you were meaning backward runs/progressives but the forwards direction scotched that!  Still not quite sure I'm with you but I think you mean the push given by the inside leg in crossovers...?

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #424 on: June 13, 2019, 12:19:11 pm »
Ah, I did wonder if you were meaning backward runs/progressives but the forwards direction scotched that!  Still not quite sure I'm with you but I think you mean the push given by the inside leg in crossovers...?

Yes.  Start crossed, push, return to crossed.  It helps you realise how much/little propulsion you are getting from that push.  It forces you to bend knees a lot to create space for the push.  A coach showed it to us once.  She was a whizz at it.  Over 50 and still burning up the ice, outrunning the youngsters, perfectly extended free leg, great upper body posture...

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #425 on: June 13, 2019, 12:28:42 pm »
A coach showed it to us once.  She was a whizz at it.  Over 50 and still burning up the ice, outrunning the youngsters, perfectly extended free leg, great upper body posture...

I love it when that happens.  I especially love it when it's me.  People at my Wednesday class are starting to realise that I only use two pushes end to end of the rink and (usually) one crossover around the end.   ;D

The key to that exercise and getting that push is definitely knee bend.  Crossovers in general need more knee bend that you ever thought possible. And then some more...

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #426 on: July 06, 2019, 08:10:02 pm »
Didn't achieve a thing today. One of those challenging days on the ice - will try again tomorrow.
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #427 on: July 06, 2019, 09:01:35 pm »
Didn't break anything?  Call it a win.   ;D

Jo

« Reply #428 on: August 24, 2019, 07:00:45 pm »
Spent 14 weeks so far working on Skate Excellence Grade 5, and only achieved 5 of the 18 competencies required to pass. *utterly dejected sigh*

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy