Author Topic: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome  (Read 41960 times)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome
« Reply #407 on: April 04, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »
Even with my very modest skating skills, I'm only too happy to help a fellow beginner with a few tips on how to do stuff. In fact, I actually enjoy it when somebody asks me how to do something. Likewise, today I was at the rink and there weren't too many people about and got chatting to a chap in hockey skates who then gave me some crossover advice.

I like that kind of atmosphere. Much better than the young lads in hockey skates who just give you a "sorry mate" as they brush your elbow when they pass in a race with their mates.

And that, right there, is what makes skating as an adult such a great thing.  8)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Graf Dance boots and MK Dance blades. It's still a bit slippery...

Leif

Re: What didnt you achieve this week all help welcome
« Reply #408 on: April 05, 2019, 01:06:19 AM »
And that, right there, is what makes skating as an adult such a great thing.  8)

Although I learnt basic skating 25 years ago, I didnít start learning until three years ago when someone saw my pathetic skating, and decided to teach me a basic skill, namely a forwards to backwards transition. It took me ages, and lots of falling over, but I learnt it, and that made me realise that I could learn to skate properly. I still remember the young girl, maybe 10 years old, who kept telling me the basic move was easy, while watching me fall over. ;D I love the generally constructive and supportive attitude of almost everyone at the rink. Even the young lads in hockey skates can be pleasant, although I admit they can scare less able skaters.