Author Topic: Nottingham Skate Clinics  (Read 5373 times)

antmanb

Re: Nottingham Skate Clinics
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2013, 03:59:55 pm »
It seems crazy that you can't even do an internet search and find any details.  I've only just come across this thread now and it's too short notice to go to this sunday's course but maybe the one at the end of june? Still without any details of what will be covered, and the risk that it will be cancelled at the last minute due to lack of advertising (I can't believe it's lack of interest) i'm not sure I will.

skatey

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2013, 01:25:37 pm »

Iced Cookie

• Living on the edge
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 03:15:38 pm »
Is anyone attending on the 26th? I'll be there but on the other rink more than likely on the floor or in the medi room after my first hockey scrimmage! I like to keep a positive attitude
22/05/11 Started Skate UK
25/03/12 Completed Skate UK
16/09/12 Completed Passport Free
05/05/13 Completed Passport Dance

Lily

• Skating Illini
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 04:42:20 pm »
Great to see they've added info to the website. I was afraid to sign up for one and buy train tickets if it ran the risk of being cancelled. Can't make the one this Sunday as I'm doing the Swindon camp, or the one after because I'm in Amsterdam! but I might consider the one in July!
Skate UK 15/08/2012 - 25/02/2013
Passed Bronze Free 14/05/2013
Passed Silver Free 18/06/2013
Skating in Riedell 910LS with Coronation Ace Blades

Cherry Blossom

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »
The one this weekend has been cancelled too.

Lily

• Skating Illini
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2013, 06:09:57 pm »
How disappointing!
Skate UK 15/08/2012 - 25/02/2013
Passed Bronze Free 14/05/2013
Passed Silver Free 18/06/2013
Skating in Riedell 910LS with Coronation Ace Blades

skatebrasil

• Live and love life to the full with your skates on
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 06:15:22 pm »
It is all the marketing.How can it be possible to run a camp without the correct marketing.Is it on the Nisa site if so is it very well hi lighted  :-[ :-\

ice queen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 06:18:29 pm »
It's not on any website that's why it keeps getting cancelled. They should ask for it to be added to the nisa website I can assist if someone emails me a flyer to upload.  They are quite supportive of adult skating so would be keen to assist.

Iced Cookie

• Living on the edge
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2013, 12:04:11 pm »
The one this weekend has been cancelled too.

Such a shame!! I apologise for my home rink.

I don't know why there is such a lack of interest in these  It is advertised at the rink on A boards, clip frames(mainly in the loos to be fair) They do give leaflets out on the learn to skate sessions to the relevant age groups.

It is on the website too in the middle of the home page under upcoming events too.

Maybe I will try and catch a word with someone at the rink on Sunday (I have some time to kill) and suggest they make a profile on here and advertise here too     
22/05/11 Started Skate UK
25/03/12 Completed Skate UK
16/09/12 Completed Passport Free
05/05/13 Completed Passport Dance

Greycut

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2013, 09:56:03 am »
The 30th June course went ahead and was great fun. 

All the coaches were so helpful and positive with everything you did, with loads of tips both on and off ice.  The ice was fabulous and cut twice during the coarse so each time you started an on ice session it was nice and fresh.

Split everyone into 3 groups dependant on level or what you wanted to work on.  In the later sessions you could either do jumps or dance, with only 5 people opting for dance so got some nice one to one time.

Would certainly recommend.

skatey

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 05:03:23 pm »

I'm pleased to hear that these are still good.  I've had an email about another two they are running over summer. Sunday 21st July 2013 & Saturday 3rd August 2013.

Join us for a one day development figure skating clinic!!
Applications for the clinic will be accepted from skaters aged 16 years and over, who have already passed Skate UK level seven and have not yet passed NISA Field Moves level four.
The clinic will combine on ice and off ice sessions which will provide skaters with a well rounded, technical knowledge base which is key to becoming a skilled skater.
Each skater will receive three hours on ice and one hour off ice tuition.
The clinic will include flexibility and jump rotation, technical skills and exercises for figure and dance in a structured yet fun environment.
The NIC prides itself on our ability to provide a challenging and supportive atmosphere for ice skating development and we are pleased to be able to extend this to our adult skaters.

Class information
Skills/Basics
This class will outline the exercises that have been developed by the NIC to enhance jumps and spins.

Technical Class
The technical class will include the steps for jumps, spins and sequences of Free Skating along with Dance moves and exercises.
Off Ice Sessions
The off ice training will work towards body conditioning and strengthening and will include jump rotation exercises.
Cost
£40 per person (£20.00 cancellation fee unless medical certificate provided)

Provisional Timetable
Start: 13.45
End: 19.15
For further information or to book visit or call Customer Services on 0843 373 3000

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy