Author Topic: First Nisa adult development camp 17/18 August ice sheffield  (Read 25877 times)

mkp

Re: First Nisa adult development camp 17/18 August ice sheffield
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »
I emailed Emma to ask about standards - she's being quite cagey I think but she said my "current level would be of an appropriate standard" - I'm L3 FM/FD and L4 CD.

So I know it says "ALL" levels but I would suggest if you are less than NISA 1 it would be worth confirming directly with her that you will not be left behind before you send your money.

On another note - where are you all thinking of staying?

ice queen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 04:17:42 pm »
Hi MKP
Great another recruit O0

I am on the NISA Adult Development Group and got confirmation from David Hartley Development Director and also camp organiser  about what was meant by minimum levels.  The camp is truly open to all levels however in my opinion you need to be at least a confident Skate UK level 5 to get any benefit from this.   
The camp has four coaches and the ability to cater for a mix of abilities.  Hope that helps for those considering going  :)   

Feel free to PM with specific questions and queries happy to assist     

skatey

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:11:23 pm »
Four groups would probably be ok to split all levels across.  However, will all four groups be on the ice at once?  Being restricted to a quarter of the ice might not be very good.  Previous camps I've been on have had 3 groups on the ice at once and even with less than 10 in each group there ends up being clashes when trying to do exercises down the length of the rink. 

ice queen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »
I think its hard to comment on grouping and timetable until there is a good idea of numbers, skating levels and the split between free and dancee but agree three groups on the ice at a time can cause problems.

skatey

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 09:57:21 am »
Do I remember seeing that they are covering pairs skating too?  That would be another spanner in the works!  I agree though that they can't really work it out until they know numbers.  It's quite a while away yet, so I expect most people won't sign up until they've had chance to save up for it.  Does look good though and I hope to be able to go.

Cherry Blossom

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2013, 12:32:26 pm »
I'm looking at going to this. I would be going by myself as none of my skater friends are looking to go. Has anyone else been to a skater camp by themselves? I'm currently working at silver free but would hopefully be working at NISA Level 1 by then so hopefully I would be an alright level to go.

iceskater06

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2013, 01:17:18 pm »
Hi,
I would also be going to the camp on my own and I am Nisa level 1. Which rink are you from? x

ice queen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »
I'm going too. I wouldn't worry about going on your own. I often do that.  Hope to see you there  O0

skatey

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 04:26:46 pm »
I go to camps alone too.  Was a bit daunting the first time, but everyone is always very nice.  You will be fine.

mkp

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 04:52:35 pm »
I've booked and I'm going on my own...maybe we should see if we can have a meet up somewhere beforehand so that we can meet each other?

Staying at the Ibis http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6176-ibis-budget-sheffield-arena-previously-etap-hotel/index.shtml as the Premier inn is already fully booked!!!

ice queen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2013, 05:06:58 pm »
We are considering the possibility of a social on the Saturday so everyone gets a chance to chat off the ice would you all be interested in that? i am thinking a meal  straight after the end of the first day . Let me know IQ  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy