Author Topic: Puddle Skating  (Read 4892 times)

taka

Re: Puddle Skating
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 07:47:05 pm »
It is not that you use different kinds of blades or anything... more that natural frozen puddles can have stones, debris, grit etc which isn't always good for the sharpness of your blades! (Similar potential problems as wandering around at the rink without your blade guards on - possible damage to the blade!)
:)

katepilarr

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 01:45:36 pm »
if you are not figureskating,  some people use nordic skates for , i dont know what to call it, trekking  perhaps, kind of speedskating on frozen lakes. could be compared with crosscountry skiing perhaps.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_skating
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

Christy

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 07:24:30 pm »
I have a cheap pair of skates that I use for skating on outdoor rinks and ponds to ensure I don't ruin my 'proper' skates / blades - the outdoor rinks I've skated on are usually very bumpy and have quite a lot of debris, etc. Same goes for ponds.

katepilarr

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »
i also use my old skates on ponds/rivers, which are just recreational normal skates, dont want risk ruining my proper blades. outdoor rinks are fine, just very rough ice which  makes the blades go blunt quicker. (if i only used my proper blades on good ice they wouldnt get used very often :D)
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy