Author Topic: Perimeter 3 turns?  (Read 1925 times)

katepilarr

Perimeter 3 turns?
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »
just beeing curious, looking at NISA levels on Wikipedia. What are these perimeter three turns?
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

Skater

Re: Perimeter 3 turns?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:12 pm »
NISA FM Level 4?
Inside:
Quite easy... stand sideways (face towards the closest side of the rink) - glide forward on your left foot (outside edge) do a three turn. You will end up backwards - do a normal crossover (RBO - LBE) - following the crossover - whilst gliding on LBE turn forwards ( do another 3 turn from forwards to backwards - RFO three turn) then do a crossover LBO RBE and repeat to the end of the rink...
Outside are the opposite of Inside - you do outside edge three turns followed by crossovers...
Extend free leg on backward outside edge...

(Abbreviations: Foot: L/R; Direction: F/B; Edge; I/O)
Skate UK - March 2011 to Sept 2011
Passport - April 2012
FM NISA L1 - June 2012
Free and Elements NISA - L1; FM L 2 - Sept 2012

katepilarr

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 01:40:15 pm »
thank you. hope i understood it right? I had to experiment and came out with this:

Outsides:
LFO3, step wide with R (backwards), cross L over R (backwards), RFO3, step wide with L (backwards), cross R over L (backwards)

Insides:
RFI3, cross L over R(backwards), R step forwards, LFO3, cross R over L (backwards), L step forwards

i will try it next time, just for the fun of it.

actually next time i see any of my coaches i will ask them about nisa levels and standards. i cant test (well assuming that if i cant enter competitions i cant test either).  but would like to know where i am roughly. i was told my salchow would pass level 2 which was very nice to hear but dont know about other stuff.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 02:27:46 pm by katepilarr »
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop

Lily

• Skating Illini
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 01:44:53 pm »
Not sure if it's exactly the same, but this person in the US on a bronze moves in the field test does power 3-turns. Sounds the same as what Skater described. I like watching US tests as they have similar elements to UK ones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7hjP3B9Zo0
Skate UK 15/08/2012 - 25/02/2013
Passed Bronze Free 14/05/2013
Passed Silver Free 18/06/2013
Skating in Riedell 910LS with Coronation Ace Blades

katepilarr

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:41:04 pm »
Not sure if it's exactly the same, but this person in the US on a bronze moves in the field test does power 3-turns. Sounds the same as what Skater described. I like watching US tests as they have similar elements to UK ones!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7hjP3B9Zo0

thank you for this, interesting to watch. slightly different move after the three turn than i imagined, she makes a little curve on both feet before she crosses.
i will look up more US videos, as it will give me ideas what i could try  O0

DeeAdultSkater

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 07:09:26 pm »
They are forward left and right 3 turns performed on an straight line axis on both sides of the rink.

fireflie

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 08:20:19 pm »
The outsides sound right, but the insides are slightly different. You do a RFI 3, step LFO, cross over, LFI 3 and repeat. So that one uses a forward crossover instead of a backwards one :)

katepilarr

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 09:02:11 pm »
The outsides sound right, but the insides are slightly different. You do a RFI 3, step LFO, cross over, LFI 3 and repeat. So that one uses a forward crossover instead of a backwards one :)

thanks, that sounds good! makes more sense  O0
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:48:44 pm by katepilarr »

suttonskater

• Skating is for life , not just for Christmas
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:30:43 pm »
Perimetre 3 turns are 3 turns along the whole of the rink without stoping they are quite easy
Skating is for life , not just for Christmas

katepilarr

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:35 pm »
looking at my skating lesson notes from november, i have even done the forward outside perimetr three turns, without knowing what they are  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy