Author Topic: Swan Lake on Ice  (Read 1970 times)

audience

Swan Lake on Ice
« on: January 03, 2007, 09:20:04 pm »
So , we went to see this on Saturday, and ( naturally) my 5 yr old has been "skating" round the house ever since.......
We live in West Dorset, and it seems as if Bristol is our nearest public Ice skating rink...do you know of one nearer?
Also, is there any comparison to using roller skates ? ( would it be a good way to practice?)
And I would love to hear your comments on this show : when I was told it was on the usual stage I couldn't believe it (small space) , now since I've seen the show  -  I still don't quite believe it, I think I would like to see it again , just to make sure .......

Kristen

• Ice Princess!
Re: Swan Lake on Ice
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 06:26:22 pm »
hi, rollerblading isn't very good practice.......it's basically a whole new way of skating. It doesn't really help with ice skating because the balance isn't the same. U'd b better off booking ur daughter some beginner lessons in a group to get her confident on the ice. Most rinks have a few levels for beginners intermiediate and experts, book her into one of these and she'll be confident with the ice in no time. As for the ice rink problem...i'll look on the net 4 u.....i'll keep u up 2 date...good luk!!! x Kristen x :P
x Kristen x

Kristen

• Ice Princess!
Re: Swan Lake on Ice
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 06:30:45 pm »
Warmwell Leisure Centre, Warmwell, Nr Dorchester - Tel: 01305 852911
Indoor Pool, wave machine, water slide, ski slope, fishing. gym, skating rink

Hope this helps........i got this info on
www.westdorset.com
They're were tons of other leisure centers in your area but none seemed to have rinks...check it out though.....i might be rong!!!!!!!! Good luk!!!!
x Kristen x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy