Author Topic: does your rink do annual shows  (Read 1527 times)

suttonskater

• Skating is for life , not just for Christmas
does your rink do annual shows
« on: November 04, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
mine does
Skating is for life , not just for Christmas

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
Re: does your rink do annual shows
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

Noorah101

• Started skating April 2010
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 12:26:41 am »
I've been waiting 2.5 years for a rink to have a little show so I can perform for all my friends who have never seen me skate.  Turns out this year there IS one...a holiday show...but it's going to be on Dec 22, and that's the day I'm leaving to go on vacation for Christmas!  Guess my performance will have to wait another year!  UGHHH.  :(

Rene
"When you truly want something, all the universe conspires to make it happen". ~ The Alchemist
http://britishexpats.com/blogs/MySkatingJournal

ceiliaanne

• Carnage on ice
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:39:33 am »
I've been waiting 2.5 years for a rink to have a little show so I can perform for all my friends who have never seen me skate.  Turns out this year there IS one...a holiday show...but it's going to be on Dec 22, and that's the day I'm leaving to go on vacation for Christmas!  Guess my performance will have to wait another year!  UGHHH.  :(

Rene

But think just how good your skating will be when they do see it next year!   :)
'There's no one in the world harder to please than a skate coach' - Peppermint Patty

patchman

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 08:33:50 am »

Shame but well I wish our show was in one year not tomorrow so I could have the time to improve ;-)
Started Mar 12 - NISA 1 FM
Skating at Ally Pally / Queens

Noorah101

• Started skating April 2010
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 03:53:44 pm »

But think just how good your skating will be when they do see it next year!   :)

That's what I told my coach! :) 

Rene
"When you truly want something, all the universe conspires to make it happen". ~ The Alchemist
http://britishexpats.com/blogs/MySkatingJournal

WifaWobble

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 01:14:04 pm »
Some do ... some adults even get invited to participate by some coaches.  If not then you might not even know there might have been a chance.

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 01:58:48 pm »
Mine does. All above a certain learn to skate level are invited to sign up. We have a good mix of kids and adults too. Last April we did an Easter gala too - everyone in my group got a 30 second solo spot, regardless of level.

I love show season - just started rehearsals for this year :)
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 02:02:50 pm »
We are currently in rehearsal for Aladdin on Ice. Tickets are on sale - See link below

https://www.teesactive.co.uk/billingham-forum/aladdin-ice-panto/

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

WifaWobble

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 02:13:05 pm »
Hmmm, only just realised I'd resurrected an old thread without paying proper attention.  Not that I'm one of those head explodes types about that in principle, as a topic is topic regardless of date.  Am pruning email notifications for this site from my inbox.  I had in mind my experiences of Peterborough, where is seemed the greatest concentration of adults was at the dance club, which the coaches and staff and parents of free skaters disapproved of so they never seemed to get invited to join the Christmas show, and Milton Keynes where our then dance coach seemed an irritant again to the otherwise free-skating is dominant/superior free skating coaches so they appear not to have kept him in the loop and then it would seem even if he did know of a participation event he then chose to not tell us, presumably because he himself didn't want anything to do with it.  Rough n tough business skating really!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy