Author Topic: where do you skate  (Read 8276 times)

xxemzxx

• Part time skater :)
Re: where do you skate
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 12:42:44 am »
Currently Ice Sheffield. But after I finish university this year I'm hoping to make Telford my home :)
Passed Skate UK level 10 14/05/12

Working on Passport.

Skater

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 11:35:02 pm »
Blackburn, Blackpool, Cleveleys
Skate UK - March 2011 to Sept 2011
Passport - April 2012
FM NISA L1 - June 2012
Free and Elements NISA - L1; FM L 2 - Sept 2012

Edinrab

• Skate long and prosper!
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 01:33:21 pm »
Hi all, hope you all had a good a Christmas :)  Does anyone practice at Oxford Ice Rink? Best wishes, Robert

WifaWobble

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 02:45:12 pm »
anyone practice at Oxford Ice Rink?
Used to years ago and thinking of doing so again maybe once a month or something.  Might be nice to make a visit coincide with others here if willing to chat, however briefly as they may wish, once there.  I see its possible in theory to skate pretty much from 6:45am to around 5pm but cost esp. with parking could be prohibitive other than, as I say, maybe once a month

LauraJane

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:54 pm »
Hi Robert,

I am just about to restart my lessons at Oxford when I find a coach (can you recommend anyone?). It looks like we are in the minority which is surprising,  I would think Oxford Ice Rink would be rather popular especially as we are so central.

Happy Skating :)

Laura

WifaWobble

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 07:51:29 pm »
I am just about to restart my lessons at Oxford when I find a coach (can you recommend anyone?). It looks like we are in the minority which is surprising,  I would think Oxford Ice Rink would be rather popular especially as we are so central.
I think you'll find this forum is a weird, skewed and minority cross section of skaters.  At any given rink the majority of skaters shall not be registered here.

LauraJane

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 08:00:22 pm »
I think you'll find this forum is a weird, skewed and minority cross section of skaters.  At any given rink the majority of skaters shall not be registered here.

It's a shame, it would be nice to have a group of regulars that practice at Oxford to meet up with and also share tips etc.

Laura

WifaWobble

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 08:06:43 pm »
It's a shame, it would be nice to have a group of regulars that practice at Oxford to meet up with and also share tips etc. Laura
Oxford is a nice rink with good info of session times via their website.  Sunday mornings, as I recall, is quite nice with a dance club and then something or other called Oxist at around lunchtime, which is or at least was a kind of members-only public session.  I would go again if it were not for the parking expense of Oxford, though the Sunday crew used to and probably still can give some tips about that.

LauraJane

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 08:17:01 pm »
Oxford is a nice rink with good info of session times via their website.  Sunday mornings, as I recall, is quite nice with a dance club and then something or other called Oxist at around lunchtime, which is or at least was a kind of members-only public session.  I would go again if it were not for the parking expense of Oxford, though the Sunday crew used to and probably still can give some tips about that.

Yes parking in Oxford is expensive, The Cherwell college opposite the rink has all day parking for £5 either on a Saturday or Sunday which is very good value.

Edinrab

• Skate long and prosper!
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 08:19:57 pm »
Hi Laura,

I plan to go to the 12:15 training session tomorrow and Thursday this week and see how it goes. I am not sure about the weekend sessions, as those sessions could be busy! It would be great to meet you. When do you skate? I don't have a coach right now to recommend, but I plan to ask this week. Hope to meet you  :) , all the best, Robert

icegirl

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 08:31:40 pm »
Time Capsule  in Coatbridge , Galleon in Kilmarnock and Waterfront in Greenock
NISA level 2 elements and free,interbronze field moves(level 4 equivalent)

BACs 2012 bronze free - silver
BACs 2013 bronze free class3 silver

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy