Author Topic: Jackson skates  (Read 6560 times)

mkp

Re: Jackson skates
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 07:30:01 pm »
WIFA are Austrian in fact...and are not narrow! What you have to do is buy them from someone who will measure your feet right (John Turner...) and then wait for them to be made in your width fitting...maybe the standard fitting is narrow but they go up to wide enough for me (and for caffn8me who has even wider feet)..basically they are made to order (not custom though) so you do need a 6-8 week wait. And I've been incredibly happy with mine - I barely even noticed I had new boots on!

caffn8me

• Global Moderator
  • Womble on ice (Novice)
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 07:46:22 pm »
WIFA are Austrian in fact...and are not narrow! What you have to do is buy them from someone who will measure your feet right (John Turner...) and then wait for them to be made in your width fitting...maybe the standard fitting is narrow but they go up to wide enough for me (and for caffn8me who has even wider feet)..basically they are made to order (not custom though) so you do need a 6-8 week wait. And I've been incredibly happy with mine - I barely even noticed I had new boots on!

Yes, even the wide-footed wobbly Womble can fit into Wifas.  They are available in seven different widths so I'd be very surprised if anyone was too wide for them.  They certainly aren't just for people with narrow feet.

I am currently wearing a pair of Wifas which are a width fitting too narrow and after heat treatment they are still comfortable.  They have plenty of ankle support too.   I've not had the slightest bit of discomfort with them in three sessions but I think this is at least partly due to the heat treatment as they were tight in places before I did that.

Skate UK start: 24/02/09
Met The Ice Mouse: 27/03/09
Broke wrist: 24/04/09
NISA L1 FM pass: 29/03/10
English Style Prelim test: 7/08/11
Working on: L2, L3, L4 FM, L1 Comp.Dance

Spiders on coffee

Andy

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 08:49:23 pm »
The 2010 LS is the new generation of Riedell boots. They are not a replacement for the 1500HLS.

There is only one trained Riedell fitter and that's me. I am the only person in the UK to visit Riedell in the US and be trained by them.

You can visit us online at www.hhl-icesports.co.uk
I was lead to believe Ian Robertson in Blackburn was also trained in fitting the Riedell
I wear LS 1310 one of only two at my rink and they are really light and fit me like a glove.
Andy

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 09:36:31 pm »
Abbi_1990

I have Jackson Marquis with Mark IV blades. I have funny feet (wide) and high instep and find them OK.

I think from the other posts on this topic, you will see that it is all about personel preference.

I would recommed that you try them on before you buy, so visit a good supplier / shop rather than buy on the net.

Happy Skating

The Ice Mouse

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

Andy

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 04:13:31 pm »
Abbi_1990

I have Jackson Marquis with Mark IV blades. I have funny feet (wide) and high instep and find them OK.

I think from the other posts on this topic, you will see that it is all about personel preference.

I would recommed that you try them on before you buy, so visit a good supplier / shop rather than buy on the net.

Happy Skating

The Ice Mouse

I had the same ones and they got me through the Skate uk Levels 1-10 not a bad boot to start with and they where wide.
Andy

Disconcerted_one

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 11:27:41 pm »
I'm STILL waiting on my custom Sp~Teri with MK Professional blades!! .. they've been delayed 2 weeks =(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy