Author Topic: Where do you skate & level?  (Read 13633 times)

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
Re: Where do you skate & level?
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 11:57:32 am »
The news said it covered most of the UK including Cumbria and North wales. I live in north Lancs but didn't feel a thing. However, the phone had fallen off the telephone table this morning but we haven't ruled out the cat being at fault on that one!! (His litter tray is next to the phone cable!!)
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

figureskater10

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 06:17:13 pm »
I live in South London, and I didn't feel a thing although some of my friends said they did!

It was quite a big earthquake though I think, and on monday in science my teacher was talking about earthquakes (were doing the changing earth!) and she was saying how can people live in places such as Los Angeles and San Francisco knowing that any minute there could be a severe earthquake. (I must say though - I do agree with her, because we went to LA and San Francisco last summer, and in the hotel rooms it told us what do if there was an earthquake!). Anyway, she said that she was so glad she lived here [UK] because we don't recieve any earthquakes....I don't think she touched wood after she said that!!
Currently working on Skate UK Star Passport SILVER!
Backwards Spiral = GETTING THERE
A Single Salchow = GETTING THERE
One Foot Spin = COMPLETED
A Teapot = GETTING THERE
and..
Over 700 posts...wow :)

Ellessbee

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 11:22:10 pm »
Hi Amy,

I also skate at Dundee. It is a really nice rink and the coaches are great.  I agree with Christine and Didleyroo - you could go a long way with your skating- 12 is not too old for you to do anything you want to.  :)
I am 5 times your age and I am really enjoying skating.  I started to learn to figure skate, along with my children, when I was in my 40s, but stopped when the rink we were using closed.  I didn't skate again until last summer when I went to Skate UK in Dundee and was hooked! The other skaters are really friendly and it's so much fun. I'm now working on Skate UK level 9.
Doesn't it give you such a buzz when something you've been finding really hard to do suddenly clicks?  Good luck with your skating.  It's a great sport!  Enjoy! :D
Skate UK  what is it with inside 3 turns?????

June 2008 - learned how to do signatures.
March 2012 -can still do signatures.

amyskatingrules

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 11:42:48 am »
Hi!
Thats great! So you will be at learn to skate. The coaches are great! Claire is my coach.

Thanks, good luck with your skating too  ;D
(:

SkatingBabe

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 05:33:37 pm »
hi amy, i skate in Belfast. i have joined a club now and i am really enjoying it. i have been twice so far.

how far do u want to get with ur skating?
SkateUK Grade 3. PASSED!!!!!

Currently trying to do backward crossovers!!!
Also forward crossovers.
On the forward ones im ok going anti clockwise but i am finding going clockwise really difficult, can't get left leg over at all :(

amyskatingrules

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2008, 10:32:40 am »
I hope to get on gd levels!
Are you doing N.I open?  :)
(:

onlyhappyonice

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 12:22:33 pm »
I skate at bridgetown (cannock), tamworth snowdome and telford

I'm currently equivalent to about skate UK grade 7 doing some grade 8 elements
Yes, I'm a guy... feel free to add me to MSN ([email protected])

Broke Back Ice Rink
I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU!

rachybabe

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 03:00:30 pm »
Im Rachael, and im 21. I skate at Sheffield (ice sheffield), and im on skate uk level 5. Really enjoying it. :D
Rachybabexx

Lynds Skates

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 06:47:18 pm »
I skate at Blackburn, and have got a great private teacher who's managed to teach this 22 year old enough to get up to Grade 4  :) 

Love it :)
Passed Grade 10!! 

Working on Bronze...!

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 06:53:45 pm »
I skate at Blackburn too but not for the next 2 weeks while the kids are on holiday!!!
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

rach

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 06:55:18 pm »
I skate at Billingham. Working on bronze and silver passport elements in no particular order.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy