Author Topic: Where do you skate & level?  (Read 13634 times)

amyskatingrules

Where do you skate & level?
« on: February 24, 2008, 02:01:51 pm »
Hey! Just posting a new thingy! So, where do you all skate or come from? I skate in Dundee, Scotland!  ;D I'm a beginner! :D I really enjoy it, even though I amen't going to get far because i'm 12!  :)
(:

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
Re: Where do you skate & level?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 02:39:34 pm »
I have skated at Dundee once but it was to try new skates when there was a skate shop there but that was about 4 or 5 years ago. It was quite a nice rink
I tend to skate at Blackburn now but used to work near Glasgow so have skated at paisley, ayr and centrum, magnum centre at Irvine, east kilbride, the time machine at coat bridge, Greenoch (can't remember what it was called, I only went there once) and murrayfield once of twice!! The rinks at Braehead weren't built when I was there
I'm not sure what my level is with regard to skate UK cos it didn't exist then but I was landing all singles jumps except axel. I didn't do dance
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

amyskatingrules

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 02:42:13 pm »
Cool! Dundee is quite a good rink! I'm the same I have landed all singles except the dreaded AXEL!!!!!  :-\ O0
(:

Christine

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:43:12 pm »
Hi Amy

I skate at Telford and am on UKSkate level 7 - although I'm going to have to do it again as there's no chance of me passing it with having missed a couple of weeks.  I had my first lessons 47 years ago at Murrayfield but left Scotland when I was 9 and didn't skate again until last summer.

You're only 12 - young enough to do anything you want if you work hard enough  ;)
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

amyskatingrules

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 09:44:48 pm »
HI Christine!
Thanks for replying!
Your doing great with skating!
Murrayfield is a nice rink.

I hope, if I keep training! Thanks! :D
x ;D
(:

Airyfairy76

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 09:53:10 pm »
Hi Amy!

I skate at Alexandra Palace in North London - I am currently kind of working through the Dance Passport (as a necessary evil), but will be doing my NISA Level 1 Field Moves around the summer time I think. 

And starting to compete later this year in dance . . .
AMANDA

"If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance . . . "

www.iceneasy.blogspot.com

didleyroo

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 11:16:05 pm »
I skate in Nottingham. I started in August last year and I am currently doing Skate UK level 7, which I might be doing for a while as the inside three turn is completely unnatural to me..!

At 12 you'll be able to go miles with your skating. I'm 37 and I love it even though the old bones creak a little  :o

Currently working on Skate UK Level 8
My progress can be followed at http://iceroo.net

sweeneytodd

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 01:28:05 am »
Also skate at Nottingham  and working towards Level 1 Field moves. 
Anyone else around this area feel the earthquake about 20 mins ago?

didleyroo

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 07:58:10 am »
I'm in Derby and it shook me a bit - all the ornaments in the living room were rattling. Lasted about 15 seconds - first earthquake I've ever felt.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:00:24 am by didleyroo »
Currently working on Skate UK Level 8
My progress can be followed at http://iceroo.net

Christine

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 10:15:03 am »
I'm over in Newcastle under Lyme and we felt it - my husband was terrified as he'd never experienced anything like this, but I remembered the Dudley tremor and have also felt a couple of other tremors round here so was more blase 'It's an earth tremor - go back to sleep!'.
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

molly

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 11:47:00 am »
I live half way between Middlesbrough and Whitby. Was not long home from a trip to the outdoor rink in Leeds. Had just gone to bed. Horrid noise and the whole room was shaking. Got up to go out and check roof etc. Sure I would find something horrid but no one else even awake in our road. Thought I was going bonkers and kept telling myself the bed hadn't shaken.I was so pleased when a friend text me, also having felt the quake.
started skating  in April 07, age 53
Passed level 10 last year. Now just working on improving.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy