Author Topic: Ice Skating Rinks in Portugal  (Read 2255 times)

Bootsie

Ice Skating Rinks in Portugal
« on: February 13, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
Does anyone out there have any idea if there are any ice rinks in Portugal, be they temporary or permanent? Could really use your help in this as I can't seem to find out any info whatsoever despite trawling the internet! I think the Portuguese have an Ice Skating Association of sorts but if they do....they're hiding themselves well!
Bootsie

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
Re: Ice Skating Rinks in Portugal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »
I have no idea if they have any rinks of their own but sometimes, countries have skaters to represent them internationally but they don't train in their own country. They are just passport holders and go to train in other countries
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

Bootsie

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »
Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Your answer actually makes a good deal of sense. The reason I ask is that we're moving over to Portugal later this year and have just taken up ice skating. Don't think Jayne Torville need worry just yet ;D.....however, we really enjoy it and it would be a shame to confine our skating to snatched sessions the odd time we return to the UK. Thanks again anyway  :)
Bootsie

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »
It depends on where in Portugal you are going to live. Portugal is not an ISU (International Skating Union) member but Spain is and has 5 rinks around the country. I know there is at least one and perhaps a second in Madrid. You can check more on the spanish skating association website.  http://www.fedhielo.com/content/view/12/14/lang,en/
There is a button at the top right that will translate some of it to english if you don't speak spanish.

I hope this will help some more.
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

allison319uk

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:36:12 AM »
http://patinagem-artistica.fpp.pt/
this is a roller skating site in portugal, not quite ice but all the moves are mainly the same maybe you could change to roller skating.