Author Topic: Level One Field Moves  (Read 11047 times)

Airyfairy76

Re: Level One Field Moves
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 05:04:22 pm »
Well, let's start you off with the SkateUK syllabus for now   :)

http://www.guildfordicecoaches.co.uk/pages/skateuk.htm

Once you have finished SkateUK levels, as I said, you do your Passport.  There are different routes - Freestyle or Dance.  Once you have your Passport, you are entitled to start your NISA Levels in Field Moves, Elements, Freeskate, Compulsory Dances, Free Dance etc etc (oh yes, there is not just Field Moves, but a whole range of "subjects", each with at least 10 levels!!).

Although Level 1 Field Moves looks relatively straightforward, at this stage, it becomes very focussed on technique.  That, and the fact that through your SkateUK Levels 1-10 and your Passport, you have been passed by your coach.  NISA Levels suddenly become a lot more scary in that you have to do them in front of external judges!  On your own.
AMANDA

"If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance . . . "

www.iceneasy.blogspot.com

SkatingBabe

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 07:12:17 pm »
Thanks for that Airyfairy76. Are you a competitive skater or just a fun skater?

I'm guessing you are a competitive skater seeing you know so much am I right?
SkateUK Grade 3. PASSED!!!!!

Currently trying to do backward crossovers!!!
Also forward crossovers.
On the forward ones im ok going anti clockwise but i am finding going clockwise really difficult, can't get left leg over at all :(

Airyfairy76

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 07:39:24 pm »
I started skating 15 months ago, at the age of 29 and have been having private coaching since July. 

I trained professionally to be a ballet dancer when I was younger, and using that experience, I am mostly ice dancing.  I am working through my Dance Passport, and also started Field Moves and Compulsory Dances in the NISA Levels (although I can't test in these until my coach signs off my Passport).   The elements for the Dance Passport are actually more complicated than the first NISA dance and field move levels!

My coach and I are working towards my competing later on this year.  Exciting, although a little scary . . . .  ;D
AMANDA

SkatingBabe

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 08:17:53 pm »
Good luck!!!! :)

You gave me a link for the SkateUK Levels 1 - 10. Can you give me one for the Passports please?

Also the British championships are taking place this week is there anywhere i can a list of results from?
Would like to know if any skaters from where i live are taking part.

Also forward crossovers.
On the forward ones im ok going anti clockwise but i am finding going clockwise really difficult, can't get left leg over at all :(

Airyfairy76

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 08:53:33 pm »
NISA don't appear to publish any elements of any levels at all that I can find - I struck lucky with the SkateUK levels!  However, I have picked up from various places what the Passport levels are (obviously I know what the Dance ones are!).  Remember, you only have to do one Passport route . . .

Freeskate
Bronze
1 - Forward spiral on either foot with flow
2 - Bunny hop into a forward drag
3 - Two foot spin (min 3 revs)
4 - Three jump
Silver
1 - Backward spiral on either foot
2 - One foot spin (min 2 revs)
3 - Teapot on either foot (forwards or backwards)
4 - Single salchow jump
Gold
1 - Backward outside one-foot spin (min 1 revolution)
2 - One foot spin (with correct entry and exit, min 4 revs)
3 - Single toe-loop jump
4 - Combination of skating movements, turns, jumps and spins in a short routine with or without music (max 1:30)

Dance
Bronze
1 - Forward open chasses / crossed (closed) chasses continuously on a circle (min 3) (L&R)
2 - LFO closed mohawk, cross in front onto a LBI. Step forward to RFI (x3) (L&R)
3 - Forward progressive runs (CW & CCW)
4 - Two consecutive LFO 3-turns followed by LFO sustained outside edge with free leg extended for a count of 3 (L&R)
Silver
1 - Forward progressive runs in a figure of eight (in Killian hold with a partner/coach optional)
2 - Backward open chasses (x3 on each foot) in a serpentine sequence
3 - Backward progressive runs in a figure of eight
4 - A 7 step dance sequence:
           RFI open mohawk 
           RBO run
           RBO cross in front LBI
           Step forwards RFI
           Repeat twice
Gold
1 - Forward run, Forward slip chasse (x3) (in figure of eight)
2 - Backward open chasses in a serpentine sequence (x3 on each foot) waltz hold with partner/coach optional
3 - Solo Novice Foxtrot with music. Correct pattern and 60% in time
4 - A 9 step dance sequence:
            LFO progressive run
            LFO closed chasse
            LFO progressive run
            LFO open mohawk
            LBI

And any details about the British Championships should be in NISA's site - including a list of competitors if that was what you wanted . . .
http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/237
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 08:55:33 pm by Airyfairy76 »
AMANDA

SkatingBabe

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2008, 10:04:42 pm »
Thanks again. The link for the british champs is just what i wanted and thanks also for passport info. :)
Competitors from where i live are taking part!!! :D
One of them is taking part in the senior ladies section, the others are in the junior pairs.
The competitor in the senior ladies section from where i live has NIS under the nat what does this mean? I should probably know but i cant think what it means!!! :-[

Also forward crossovers.

Airyfairy76

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 09:46:39 am »
That column is the club, not nationality (only being open to British competitors).

However, I think that the ones that have NISA are mostly British skaters that currently live abroad, so don't have a club in the UK.  But they skate on the NISA (National Ice Skating Association) squad for Great Britain, so have that down as their "club".

Unless you meant the one that said NIC - in which case that is the "National Ice Centre" in Nottingham . . .
AMANDA

SkatingBabe

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 04:12:00 pm »
Thanks for that Airyfairy76!! You learn something new everyday as they say lol!!!

It definitely said NIS in the club column I think it must mean NISA!!

Also forward crossovers.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy