Author Topic: New start to Compulsory Dance Videos... ~:o)  (Read 4115 times)

MrPastry!

New start to Compulsory Dance Videos... ~:o)
« on: June 17, 2011, 06:11:39 pm »
Here's a nice example of the 14 Step and Foxtrot by a Bronze level pair at Oberstdorf.  The sender is really prolific ikn his uploads of this years comp'. Italian I think and well worth subscribing to...  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jYbxRU2pRk&feature=uploademail

Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1
BAC PreBronze FreeSkating Gold Medal 2010 
Bracknell 2010 Ringwould Freeskating Trophy

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD
- National Assn  of "Wobbly Men" Dancers!) ~:o)

MrPastry!

Re: New start to Compulsory Dance Videos... ~:o)
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:31:54 pm »
Here's our Dave and Pat! Both dances so stay with it...  O0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxwVhv7SB4U&feature=uploademail

Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

SkateKitty

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 07:03:41 pm »
Interesting link but the uploader didn't ask permission to record skaters or put them online and they're not exactly professionals! My coach told me that someone recorded some of her skaters in Italy and she wasn't too amused, one of the videos is a pair of hers.
NISA level 2 field moves and elements passed Jan 2011

MrPastry!

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 08:29:43 pm »
Interesting link but the uploader didn't ask permission to record skaters or put them online and they're not exactly professionals! My coach told me that someone recorded some of her skaters in Italy and she wasn't too amused, one of the videos is a pair of hers.

I for one, am extremely gratlful to this guy!  The organisers themselves made a hash of Dave and Pat's video, producing a dvd with the audio out of sync', I guess that this will be gratefully seen by them I'm sure.

That exception apart, I'm not sure what motivates your complaint here in general? Surely we're all the richer for seeing the competitions and it can only encourage all of us. 'Shouldn't be like the some sort of secret society that NISA seems to be determined that we accept here. Don't forget that we are part of a sport that is barely surviving.

Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

SkateKitty

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 09:33:11 pm »
It should be up to the individual if they want their image and video posted online. My coach spoke specifically about someone recording her pupils while at the competition in Italy last month and she wasn't happy that they would be used as a teaching tool without any permissions.

The video that I'm specifically referring to isn't up for the purpose of teaching dance or showing what the competition is like, it's just showing off that couple and this should be their own choice. I wouldn't be happy if I found videos I hadn't authorised of me skating on someone elses youtube page.
NISA level 2 field moves and elements passed Jan 2011

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 09:59:46 pm »
We got videos of us put there and to be honest... couldn't give a damn that it was someone else that put them there. In fact,  quite flattered that someone else found them worthy of broadcasting!
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

MrPastry!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:07:29 pm »
Well here's a couple that wouldn't be sniffy about being seen by the public at large!
nor would their coach... Just take a look - flippin' magnificent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkaJW9XF5Gg&feature=related

Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

santa-maria

• Skating with attitude
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 10:10:43 pm »
And to be honest - shouldn't all this be in video section?
Life is just question of priorities...

For Fame, Glory and Cuddly toys..

MrPastry!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 08:38:33 am »

Y'know? Sharing stuff I'm enthusiast about is getting to be not worth the candle!
You precious folks are clearly better off without it.

I'll leave you to it... ::)
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

Icy_Matt

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 08:48:50 am »

It is ??? Did ya suffer concussion too? ;D

It should be up to the individual if they want their image and video posted online. My coach spoke specifically about someone recording her pupils while at the competition in Italy last month and she wasn't happy that they would be used as a teaching tool without any permissions.

The video that I'm specifically referring to isn't up for the purpose of teaching dance or showing what the competition is like, it's just showing off that couple and this should be their own choice. I wouldn't be happy if I found videos I hadn't authorised of me skating on someone elses youtube page.

I'm no lawyer but would like a clarification from any legal people here. If the individual is filmed in a public place where video-taping is allowed. I don't see any laws being broken??? Maybe I'm ignorant. Someone inform me please.
I specifically went to a competition last year to learn as much about choreographing and moves and even filmed a few programs. Essentially what I filmed is a learning tool and I didn't ask for permission. Should I??? Does that mean I shouldn't watch anyone skate if I potentially can learn something from them unless I have their permission???
Paparrazzis take photos of celebrities and make money from selling their photos. Did they ask celebrities for permission?

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 09:46:29 am »
Unfortunately, Britain is one of those nanny states where you can do very little without being as pure as the archangel Gabriel and having god almighty as a reference backed up by mother Theresa, Ghandi and the commander-in-chief of the universe. It almost borders on paranoia and everyone seems to assume that anything you do has an ulterior and possibly dark motive. That is why the British adult championships has a photography waiver in the application forms!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 09:48:18 am by smelltheice »
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy