Author Topic: Where are they Now?  (Read 9325 times)

Icy_Matt

Where are they Now?
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:58:21 am »
Previous Active members. Where did they disappear to?? Do you wonder how they've progressed in skating or have they given up?

Gositspin bumped up a thread by Kristen from over 3 years ago. I noticed she seemed really enthusiastic about skating at the start and used to post all the time then she just disappeared and then Santa-maria asking the question. Now I want to know too.  :)

I have to assume a fair portion of the members probably have given up on skating or lost interest in it due to various reasons. I'm just interested in the psychology of why and whether we can learn something from them?

I have messaged a few of them and I'll let you know where they are now.   :)

rach

Re: Where are they Now?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:05:00 am »
To be honest i think a lot of older members on here lost interest not in the skating but just in the forum. i am not having a dig at anyone here but a while back it was nice you could look on here for advice about skating etc find others struggling with what you were too. then a couple of people joined and you'd come on here and there were literally 20 to 30 new threads about nothing in particular. then people started kind of trying to outdo each other about how much they know and arguments between members started happening. i still speak to a couple who used to be on here and are still skating they just developed a dislike for this place.

nemo

• adult ice dancer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:07 am »
Hi I got your message asking 'where I am now'. I don't skate a lot any more, as am a student so can't afford it, so I tend to just skate in holidays on the odd occasion. However am still an avid fan - in terms of keeping up to date with what's going on on the international scene, watching europeans/worlds etc. Because this forum focuses on opens/local British skating I use figure skating universe more as that is more focused on the world scene as it were which is what I find more interesting. Useful and informative forum for British skaters however :).

Andy

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 11:14:35 am »
To be honest i think a lot of older members on here lost interest not in the skating but just in the forum. i am not having a dig at anyone here but a while back it was nice you could look on here for advice about skating etc find others struggling with what you were too. then a couple of people joined and you'd come on here and there were literally 20 to 30 new threads about nothing in particular. then people started kind of trying to outdo each other about how much they know and arguments between members started happening. i still speak to a couple who used to be on here and are still skating they just developed a dislike for this place.
Hi Rach
I know of 10 from my rink (still skating) who dont bother on here any more and with what you have said , to be honest when on here the first year I was asking questions all the time but now I ask my coach .

Andy

skatey

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:51:22 am »
I stopped coming on here for about a year because the majority of the posts seemed to be about nonsense that wasn't really interesting me.  I checked back recently and there were some more interesting topics again, which has got me hooked again  :-\

Andy

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 11:58:48 am »
I stopped coming on here for about a year because the majority of the posts seemed to be about nonsense that wasn't really interesting me.  I checked back recently and there were some more interesting topics again, which has got me hooked again  :-\

Hi Skatey
its up to all of us to make it intresting and to post intresting threads , but at the same time with any Forum they still have other alternatives just like we do with the lounge , which we all asked Chris to add on I found the vomit one strange but others found it useful so who am I to say something shouldn't be on here apart from xxxx rated material
I still enjoy plus I have lots of PM mates who I regularly have a chat with

Andy

abbi_1990

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:44:54 pm »
Hi,

I too recieved a message asking if I was still skating and at what level.

I'm still skating, I've passed my NISA level 2 free tests and I skate on an intermediate 2 and an adult synchro team.  I'm doing my first free competition at the end of the month.

I stopped coming on the forum because I've been busy with uni work and skating!

I'll try to stop by more often!

Abbi x
Jumps: 3 jump, salchow, toe loop, loop, flip, lutz, loop loop and flip loop combos

Spins: upright, sitspin, cross toe spin, (working on camel spin & backspin)

NISA Level 2 Field Moves, Elements and Free

Perpetuum - Bronze Meadalists at the 2010/11 National Synchro Opens

rach

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:46:59 pm »
Really nice to hear from people who used to post lots and probably helped me lots when i first joined. thanks matt! :-)

ann

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 06:37:28 pm »
Did you contact Eunice?

Andy

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 06:46:38 pm »
Did you contact Eunice?
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Get her back now its not the same

Andy ;) ;)

Yvonne