Author Topic: over the boot tights v non over the boot tights  (Read 8490 times)

Glitterskate

Re: over the boot tights v non over the boot tights
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 08:43:39 pm »
Which do you prefer the look of? I always wear footed tights because I prefer the way they look. And OTB tights with holes in look awful! But it's just a personal thing as everyone has said.

Trayo

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 08:52:38 pm »
Which do you prefer the look of? I always wear footed tights because I prefer the way they look. And OTB tights with holes in look awful! But it's just a personal thing as everyone has said.

In competition I like OTB tights BUT when they are ripped I do think they look shabby and pretty poor.  If the boots are immaculate then they are fine in comps, but when I was watching the skating last month on Eurosport I was shocked at how few skates looked as if they had been cleaned.  I know skates get nicks and cuts, and scuffs, but in something so major I'd have done my damndest to have them looking tip-top.

For everyday skating I really don't care what is worn tights-wise.

WifaWobble

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 09:01:21 pm »
Which do you prefer the look of?
To help assess "the look" preference, here is a typical over the boot tights skater, taken at a rink near you earlier this afternoon - http://toysforboysandgirls.net/images/donald.jpg

Renee

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 09:07:21 pm »
To help assess "the look" preference, here is a typical over the boot tights skater, taken at a rink near you earlier this afternoon - http://toysforboysandgirls.net/images/donald.jpg

It's the Ice Duck ;D

Trayo

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 09:09:24 pm »

aaaannnnndddd... here we go again  ::)

Renee

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 09:10:17 pm »
Remember what happened last time

The Ice Mouse

What happened? I wasn't here. How could this be controversial? Is this similar to do you prefer pepsi or coke?

WifaWobble

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »
What happened? I wasn't here. How could this be controversial? Is this similar to do you prefer pepsi or coke?

Controversial in the sense that not everyone recognises that, with skating being artistic and graceful, it goes without saying one should not deliberately dress to resemble a person who has trod on a toxic cactus and finds themselves in need of urgent medical treatment to ease excess fluid

Trayo

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 09:41:17 pm »
Controversial in the sense that not everyone recognises that, with skating being artistic and graceful, it goes without saying one should not deliberately dress to resemble a person who has trod on a toxic cactus and finds themselves in need of urgent medical treatment to ease excess fluid

FGS ATonkin.  You personally do not like the OTB look.  It's already been said that it's personal, and yet again you have to try to force others to see your view, which clearly isn't the most popular view anyway.

Or are you one of those people that believes that all skaters should be built like stick insects and anyone who isn't should stay out of public view?

You know, my daughter wears her OTB tights because she likes them, as do most skaters at her club in comps, and in the Christmas show they were compulsory.

She's not built like a stick insects, she has muscles greater than most 10 year olds, and I'd have her figure and her power than the stick-thin look anyday!

Renee, and any other newbies here, this is exactly what hppened last time - ATonkin doesn't like them so puts up pictures of Donald Duck to try to get others to see it his way.

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 09:51:13 pm »
Bank robbers like over the head tights but the heavier denier ones cos the lighter ones tear too easily!! ;D
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

Trayo

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »
Bank robbers like over the head tights but the heavier denier ones cos the lighter ones tear too easily!! ;D

hahahaha, or they draw fake moustaches on their faces (and some even did it with permanent ink  :uglystupid2: )

Yvonne

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
 I'll sit back and watch this time pmsl..........

:P
Passed silver

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy