Author Topic: Double Salchow  (Read 2539 times)

figureboarder

Double Salchow
« on: January 22, 2011, 03:39:20 pm »
wonky landing and hand down :P hope it goes better tomorrow morning, maybe land double toe ( being optimistic here). i can get the rotation for loop and flip aswell, but my weights either too far forward or too far back :(  

<object width="400" height="300" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1524998810952" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1524998810952" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>
bum pads ftw!

figureboarder

Re: Double Salchow
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 03:41:40 pm »
^^^click on either of the links in the embed code (apparently embedding doesn't work here)  and i know i need to stretch and hold the back edge more :)
bum pads ftw!

caffn8me

• Global Moderator
  • Womble on ice (Novice)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 03:52:39 pm »
Video unavailable - This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings.

Perhaps Youtube is a better bet :)

Sarah

Skate UK start: 24/02/09
Met The Ice Mouse: 27/03/09
Broke wrist: 24/04/09
NISA L1 FM pass: 29/03/10
English Style Prelim test: 7/08/11
Working on: L2, L3, L4 FM, L1 Comp.Dance

Spiders on coffee

figureboarder

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:35:51 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJwr0Ka0ks

there we go :)  i landed a high clean one today, i was failing at everything else so i thought i might aswell go full speed and hope for the best :D
bum pads ftw!

Icy_Matt

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:06:10 am »
GOOD JOB O0

Almost look like you over-rotated it and was thinking about a triple for a second ;D

Also extra marks for going thru traffic O0

smelltheice

• wherever you go, there you are. James. T. Kirk
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:03:11 pm »
GOOD JOB O0

Almost look like you over-rotated it and was thinking about a triple for a second ;D

Also extra marks for going thru traffic O0

It wasn't over rotated but needs to be checked by free leg extension being more positive and coming through more, MUCH more core strength needed to stop you collapsing on landing as you have a but of a lean in the the air and that is exagerated on landing. Also take more time on the back inside edge (a send or so). While you are gaining some pre rotation from the 3 turn, it is also giving you less time to balance so that you are straight in the air. The jump is going up but not covering any ice. It needs some distance and in this you should gain a straighter and longer landing edge instead of the rotation pulling you round on a tight edge that instigates to collapse through your right side
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

BeckyM

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 05:09:23 pm »
Wow! Well done - Nice height and good rotation there.

One thing you might want to go over is the entry, your arms were not properly checked before you jumped which may have led to the slight lean during the rotation.
Currently working on:
Spins - Sit, Camel & Scratch
Jumps - Loop & Flip

figureboarder

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 07:10:43 pm »
hi thanks for the advice, i already know what i was doing wrong tho..... figured it all out on sunday morning... apparently full speed helps :) its so much easier!
bum pads ftw!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy