Author Topic: Axel in Slow Motion  (Read 3332 times)

figureboarder

Axel in Slow Motion
« on: January 04, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/user/rcheliboy?feature=mhum

this is from patch this morning, not utubed for ages....awh videos of my bunny's :')
bum pads ftw!

Icy_Matt

Re: Axel in Slow Motion
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:13:13 am »
Awesome jump Dude. O0

MrPastry!

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 10:50:00 am »
http://www.youtube.com/user/rcheliboy?feature=mhum

this is from patch this morning, not utubed for ages....awh videos of my bunny's :')

Great stuff Figureboarder! Well done for both the jump and the having the nous to slow it down.  O0

Really useful for both / all of us I'm sure. 'Love your tag line: "Bumpads ftw!"  ;D

Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1
BAC PreBronze FreeSkating Gold Medal 2010 
Bracknell 2010 Ringwould Freeskating Trophy

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD
- National Assn  of "Wobbly Men" Dancers!) ~:o)

MrPastry!

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:51:33 am »
...'Meant to ask you which rink is this that you're at?   :)
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

figureboarder

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 10:44:39 pm »
This wasn't on a gud day tho :P  yeah seeing it in slow mo tells u what ur doin wrong!  and bum pads are very good for the bum i tell you :) i wouldn't be able to walk without them i swear, i always have them on unless i'm in one of my coaches group lessons where we just do edge work (actually quite fun even tho it looks boring :P).  i skate at altrincham :)
bum pads ftw!

MrPastry!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 11:42:56 pm »
This wasn't on a gud day tho :P  yeah seeing it in slow mo tells u what ur doin wrong!  and bum pads are very good for the bum i tell you :) i wouldn't be able to walk without them i swear, i always have them on unless i'm in one of my coaches group lessons where we just do edge work (actually quite fun even tho it looks boring :P).  i skate at altrincham :)

That's interesting!  They must be pretty good as it's not obvious that you're wearing them. Not like the babies nappy style that the girls use.  I picked up a pair of hockey shorts from a charity shop for a fiver but shy away from going to that extreme!  ::) 

Would you put me on to the make and supplier please?

Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

figureboarder

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 09:46:51 pm »
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Red_Womens_Total_Impact_Shorts_2011.html

i have a pair of these although i haven't worn them for a while. they're padded at the bum aswell, but feels quite hard, so i took a triangular piece of padding and sewed it onto the tailbone section. i wore these when i kept on falling on my hips/arse :P (the hip padding is especially good). i did have skin colour ones which were padded at hips and tailbone, but with me being crazy and all, they didn't do much good (also my leg/arse section was getting a battering and started to get inflamed/painful to walk). in the video, i was just wearing some cheap ones i got for learning to snowboard, its just about a 1cm layer of hardish foam at the hips bum and tailbone, it gives a bit of protection for when i fall, but not for complete wipeouts, its very light padding. Coach made me do 2sal in my new boots (which is far from consistent) and my feet just happened to slip sideways away from me....landing on ur hip is not fun, even with protection :P  so yeah, i usually wear my cheap pair for jumps, unless i'm learning a new one which i know i'm gonna wipeout on, in which case i'll wear the gel shorts :)
bum pads ftw!

MrPastry!

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:18 am »
http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/Red_Womens_Total_Impact_Shorts_2011.html

i have a pair of these although i haven't worn them for a while. they're padded at the bum aswell, but feels quite hard, so i took a triangular piece of padding and sewed it onto the tailbone section. i wore these when i kept on falling on my hips/arse :P (the hip padding is especially good). i did have skin colour ones which were padded at hips and tailbone, but with me being crazy and all, they didn't do much good (also my leg/arse section was getting a battering and started to get inflamed/painful to walk). in the video, i was just wearing some cheap ones i got for learning to snowboard, its just about a 1cm layer of hardish foam at the hips bum and tailbone, it gives a bit of protection for when i fall, but not for complete wipeouts, its very light padding. Coach made me do 2sal in my new boots (which is far from consistent) and my feet just happened to slip sideways away from me....landing on ur hip is not fun, even with protection :P  so yeah, i usually wear my cheap pair for jumps, unless i'm learning a new one which i know i'm gonna wipeout on, in which case i'll wear the gel shorts :)

The bumps sound just too familiar!  The shorts are pretty awesome though a tad on the heavy side pricewise...  I'll either have to brave the laughter and use the hockey shorts or try to fabricate some hardish foam into a pair of shorts I reckon.  It is very tempting to go for the real thing I have to say. I'll have to try to fight it orft!  ;D

Thanks for pointing me to them figureboarder!  O0
Geoff.
NISA Field moves level 1

Love Ice Dance...
(Hon' Chairman NAWMD

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy