Author Topic: York Outdoor Festive Meet up!  (Read 8550 times)

Paul 2

York Outdoor Festive Meet up!
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:10:59 pm »
Hi,

After the excitement of Rach's Big Meet Up, here is another date for your skating diary, Saturday 4th December, 6.00pm until 8.15pm (two skating sessions if you wish).

This will be on York’s festive outdoor real ice rink which at 30 metres x 35 metres is 50% bigger than previous years. We took a look at the site over the weekend and there is definitely more space than before. We have also found a nice pub not too far from the rink for an after skate meal.

It would be good to have an idea of numbers so we can let the pub know, so if you could post on here if you think you might come, that would be helpful!

The IceFactor website

Paul 2
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 07:16:14 pm by Paul 2 »
Skating at Sheffield and Hull. Started Skate UK April 2007
L 6 March 2012. Still working on L 7! The harder the struggle, the more frustrating it is

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
Re: York Outdoor Festive Meet up!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »
Paul 2

My tickets will be booked by the end of the week (both sessions) and yes to the meal

The Ice Mouse

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

luv2sk8

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 07:58:54 pm »
I am hoping to come - with a friend. Probably both sessions +meal  :). Will really look forward to it and dres up!
YYYAAAAAAYYYYYY! Passed NISA Field Moves Level 1!
BAC2010 Pre bronze Free Category 3 Bronze! :)

rach

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 09:13:36 pm »
Yeah i shall be there for both sessions and food too! will bring others if i can talk them into it!x

Tinkerbellskate

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 09:44:10 pm »
I am interested in this as I can get the York bus from Hull and it would great to meet people that chat on this forum since I've been reading posts for a while. I'll need to see if I can attend since I have a dissertation proposal due soon afterwards.
"The only limits you have are those you put on yourself" -Christopher Reeve
Skate UK started 5/10/10
Passed Level One 5/10/10
Passed Level Two 9/11/10
Passed level Three 3/3/11

rach

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 10:23:36 pm »
It would be great to see as many as possible! the york rink people are generally so friendly and accommodating to us and our theme for the year. this year by the way dress theme is winter wonderland. interpret as you wish i like to think icy and white but of course dressing up is optional so don't let that put you off! just i love any excuse and it adds a little fun to the night! :-) look forward to seeing you all there! x

lanaghan

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:04 pm »
Hi,

I would love to go as I love to meet new people that I have been chatting with via this Skating Forum.  :)

What is the pub name that you were planning for us to use as I never been to York before. J

just wondering as I ever have met up with anyone yet from this forum would there be a meeting place as I might be attending on my own.  8)

Its sounds great for the skating forum to meet up and have a laugh :D
I take nothing for granted.
I now have only good days, or great days"

Lance Armstrong

Paul 2

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 04:21:56 pm »
Hi lanaghan,

We will be meeting at the rink, then going on to the pub to eat about 8.45pm. There will be a fair few of us in 'fancy' dress, although this is not compulsory by any means, it does make this 'festive' meet up special. Just look out for us at the rink and come & say hello, we are a friendly bunch & don't bite. The link to the rink is in my earlier post. The pub is the The Plough, Main Street, Fulford.

P2
Skating at Sheffield and Hull. Started Skate UK April 2007
L 6 March 2012. Still working on L 7! The harder the struggle, the more frustrating it is

molly

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 07:05:28 pm »
As Paul said we went to the place where the York out- door rink is to be this winter. They should be able to make something really special of it.  :)

We have provisionally booked the Plough in Fulford for the meal. They are updating their bar meal menu and as soon as they send me a copy of the new one I will post it for people to see.

The pub is only a few minutes’ drive away and I am sure those of us with cars can help out for those who have travelled up by train.

For those who would want to stay overnight there were quite a few B&B places in Fulford its self and, not being in the city centre the room rates were a lot more reasonable.

I can't wait for it :D :D :D

Now - to think about my outfit - Wnter Wonderland Hmmmmm...........
started skating  in April 07, age 53
Passed level 10 last year. Now just working on improving.

Ellessbee

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 04:29:37 pm »
Oh yes please!  Really looking forward to it.  :D  There should be at least 2 of us for both sessions and also the meal. 
Skate UK  what is it with inside 3 turns?????

June 2008 - learned how to do signatures.
March 2012 -can still do signatures.

rach

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 10:57:19 pm »
Really getting excited about costume now some of my bling arrived today! Woohoo! nothing to put it on yet but it's a start!x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy