Author Topic: your own skate videos  (Read 63975 times)

Philtrum

Re: your own skate videos
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »
The second video, well that's what we aimed to do, we aimed to show that really, ANYONE can get out onto the ice, and we still get comments when we do skate, about how cool it is and how nice it is to see the rink being inclusive etc. Best of all though, I can now do something i really enjoy, with my best friend :)
Utterly fantastic loved watching it and great to someone on a chair on the ice enjoying themselves with everyone else, just like it should be, have to say theres some good video editing on thay 2nd vid too
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:26:45 pm by Philtrum »

figureboarder

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 03:03:44 pm »
bum pads ftw!

figureboarder

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 04:20:51 pm »
Hi
Thanks. I did fun skate when i was 8 at the old rink but only for one course until it closed.
I started private lessons when i was 12 when alty rink first opened, but stopped before doing any passport levels. I got into snow boarding and scuba diving. I started going on saturday morning public sessions when i was 14, met some nice friends, and ended up going regularly, then restarted lessons with the coach. Started fri patch aswell. Last year, in the last school week of summer term, i skated as a 'self organised activity'. Basically we have a week at the end of year where we can do certain outdoor pursuits, camps and other stuff with school, or self organised. I really enjoyed the week and taught myself flip and loop in that week which i was so happy with :D  I'm 16 now so i've been skating regularly for about a year, am currently stuck on 2loop as it seems impossible to not fall on :D i'm hoping to be able to skate even more when i'm in sixth form but apparently u don't get the free time that i'm hoping for :/
bum pads ftw!

Lisam

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:30 am »
Cool stuff. But ahh, I hope you get enough free time to skate in 6th form. I'm sure if there's a rink nearby you can sort something out, most school days finish at 3:45 don't they? Would be a shame to not carry it on with the talent you have. Best of luck  :)
Working on Skate UK 7 (inside 3 turn) and 8/9.

Lisam

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »
Great stuff figureboarder. Do you use videos a lot to help you improve? I've done it a few times and it's amazing how you're doing it differently to how you feel you're doing it, sometimes! I thought I could skate forward decently til I saw a video of it lol  >:(

Good luck in perfecting those moves.... and don't hide your face! (although the boxes were funny). be proud to be you  O0
Working on Skate UK 7 (inside 3 turn) and 8/9.

rink minky

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 12:56:05 pm »
Nice 2toe! was really high O0

Regards the videoing, I'd like to video my jumps especially my 2sal which I just can't seem to land consistently :(, Do you find it helps you get things more consistent and do you just put your camera on the barrier to do the filming?

Thanks,

Rinky

figureboarder

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »
I wouldn't say it helps to get jumps consistent, but it is useful to use video so you can see anything you need to correct. Also my camera has a slow motion function, its in jerky frames but still helps. And yes if no one else is around, the barrier is my friend! :D
bum pads ftw!

SimonB

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2011, 07:12:53 pm »
figureboarder, it's nice to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys watching bad (aeroplane) landings on youtube! :P

figureboarder

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 10:05:30 am »
simonB :

haha i used to be really fascinated by planes, wanted flying lessons, mum said it was too expensive and sort of gone off it now :P  given the chance i would still love to learn to fly, would be amazing to just be able to get on ur own plane and fly round the country :D
bum pads ftw!

Icy_Matt

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 10:45:26 am »
I love flying too. I was planning to join the airforce but changed my mind at the last minute.
I also thought about doing piloting after year 12.
Funny enough ended up working right by the airport after all that doing something completely different. ;D

I took flying lessons for a bit, almost got my private license but got too expensive as a hobbie($300-400 a week) when I was also paying a few mortgages. :P

Now just plan to fly on the ice. ;D

figureboarder

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 11:00:07 am »
when  i was younger i wanted to be a pilot, but back then i wasn't a very active person, and the thought of being sat down every day wasn't really daunting..... when i finish school, i hope to not have to be sat at a table unless i'm eating or on the computer. Whats wrong with spreading everything out and doing stuff on the floor?!!  Flying for fun still interests me, just that i wouldn't want to have to do it every single day :)
bum pads ftw!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy