Author Topic: Dance videos  (Read 15889 times)

smelltheice

Dance videos
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:46:38 pm »
This is an example of what the new 'short dance' that has combined the compulsories and original dance, will be like. I don't think it will affect adult comps yet but it can't be ruled out in the future

http://www.sportcentric.com/vsite/vcontent/page/custom/0,8510,4844-202182-219405-48446-308223-custom-item,00.html
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

Ontheedge

Re: Dance videos
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »
Lovely!

:smitten:

WifaWobble

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »
Seems very bitty.  A bit of free dance, then a long compulsories type bit, then some field movey stuff, then a bit more free dance then I got bored and irritated and closed the window.  Is this just some busy body making a name for themselves or does this rag bag of nothingness serve any particular purpose?

Isolisk8

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 12:28:48 am »
Seems very bitty.  A bit of free dance, then a long compulsories type bit, then some field movey stuff, then a bit more free dance then I got bored and irritated and closed the window.  Is this just some busy body making a name for themselves or does this rag bag of nothingness serve any particular purpose?

Right Andrew. Time for some straight talking if no one has straight talked you before.

I personally found the dance  to be enjoyable, beautiful, elegant, skilled and, above all, entertaining. Shock horror oh my gosh that's what ice skating is all about, isn't it?
What it is NOT about, is  some mistaken willy-waving tool for political paranoid point-scoring for reasons only you can fathom.

I met you last week at dance club and you did not even have the audacity- the balls - to look me in the eye when I made conversation with you. How rude and arrogant was that? The very traits you have accused other ice skating ladies of possessing as a reason why you do not have an ice-skating partner. It's no wonder and I'm not in the least surprised

So stop being hypocritical, stop using skating as a stick to beat a political drum that only you seem to be concerned about,  and look at yourself and your behaviour and stop blaming others, the system and ice-skating itself for faults. The fault lies with you and you only.

Isolisk8
Started Skate UK 20/02/2010
Passed levels 9 & 10 24/ 03/2011 YAY!!

batikat

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 11:37:32 am »
Which compulsory was this one based on? It seemed to have waltz and then a tangoey bit?

Can anyone put down the rules for a short dance please.

I did the level 1 and 2 variations and hated doing them as it seemed a bit silly but if they are going to get rid of compulsories in competition then I can see that some sort of combo at least keeps the steps and the dances alive - and at least it isn't ISU CD music! ;D
NISA level 4 FM & FD, 3 CD, 2 el & free & var
2012 BACs Gold at bronze FD
2011 Oxford bronze FD - bronze
Team Fusion
2011 Brit synchro champs gold

smelltheice

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 12:00:07 pm »
Which compulsory was this one based on? It seemed to have waltz and then a tangoey bit?

Can anyone put down the rules for a short dance please.

I did the level 1 and 2 variations and hated doing them as it seemed a bit silly but if they are going to get rid of compulsories in competition then I can see that some sort of combo at least keeps the steps and the dances alive - and at least it isn't ISU CD music! ;D

The ISU has already announced the compulsories for adults until 2013 so no changes until then.
I don't believe in the no-win scenario. There is always a way to have your cake and eat it!!!

daveandpatarnold

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 01:06:16 pm »
this is different to compulsorys there is a possibility that the short dance may happen at Oberstdorf instead of the original dance is what I have heard the rythem will of course have to be announced it looks damm hard 3 mins long and 3 sequences of the compulsory as well as the free dance bit in it

rythem in the video is vienese waltz and tango

and what is wrong with ISU music  :) :) :)  personally we love it  :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:08:09 pm by daveandpatarnold »

smelltheice

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 01:08:35 pm »
this is different to compulsorys there is a possibility that the short dance may happen at Oberstdorf instead of the original dance is what I have heard the rythem will of course have to be announced it looks damm hard 3 mins long and 3 sequences of the compulsory as well as the free dance bit in it

rythem in the video is vienese waltz and tango

It does seem to be a composite of the original format but I would imagine it will change and evolve as time goes until they are happy with it

WifaWobble

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 01:13:07 pm »
I met you last week at dance club and you did not even have the audacity- the balls - to look me in the eye when I made conversation with you. How rude and arrogant was that? The very traits you have accused other ice skating ladies of possessing as a reason why you do not have an ice-skating partner. It's no wonder and I'm not in the least surprised

Erm, are we talking at cross purposes here - I was the one you spoke to in passing whilst I was putting my skates on and you walked past in a group of two others on your way onto the ice, then once on the ice you were evidently 'in the zone' or however you phrased it before.  Bit unfair and below the belt that comment if we're not talking at cross purposes!

Isolisk8

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 01:25:07 pm »
Erm, are we talking at cross purposes here - I was the one you spoke to in passing whilst I was putting my skates on and you walked past in a group of two others on your way onto the ice, then once on the ice you were evidently 'in the zone' or however you phrased it before.  Bit unfair and below the belt that comment if we're not talking at cross purposes!

It was after we had both been skating for a while and we were both standing on the ice  at the barrier.

Isolisk8
Started Skate UK 20/02/2010
Passed levels 9 & 10 24/ 03/2011 YAY!!

luv2sk8

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 01:26:44 pm »
- and at least it isn't ISU CD music! ;D

I can't hear any music at all :(
YYYAAAAAAYYYYYY! Passed NISA Field Moves Level 1!
BAC2010 Pre bronze Free Category 3 Bronze! :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy