Author Topic: + Practice Ice/Patch Ice Information for rinks across the UK! +  (Read 54749 times)

Skating_Jen

Re: + Practice Ice/Patch Ice Information for rinks across the UK! +
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »
I am not aware of any major changes to AP patch arrangements.  Until end of August there's elite patch (need at least NISA 6 in at least one discipline) on Mondays 5.45-7.  As Sunday club doesn't run during summer Sunday morning patch might run until the public session, possibly same on Saturdays.  Often Sunday lunch patch is suspended in the runup to Christmas to allow for show rehearsals.

I did mean lunch time patch actually xD the 12.45-13.45 :-) sorry, my fault :-)
It doesn't matter how bad the day/week is as soon as I'm on the ice and hear the sound of my blades it's all good. Nothing else matters on the ice!

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »
I did mean lunch time patch actually xD the 12.45-13.45 :-) sorry, my fault :-)

Show rehearsals usually start in September, best to check with staff exactly when patch will be suspended.

ceiliaanne

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2013, 11:53:39 am »
FYI, patch prices at Gillingham are going up on Friday 1st November by 50p, to £5.50 per session.  If you have a monthly pass, it will go up to £65 per month.
'There's no one in the world harder to please than a skate coach' - Peppermint Patty

NaKonkakh

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23:13 pm »
Think that's a typo. Passes will be £55.

ceiliaanne

« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2013, 10:10:05 pm »
Well, I think it's a typo on the posters as one of the reception women told me it would be £65! 
'There's no one in the world harder to please than a skate coach' - Peppermint Patty

NaKonkakh

« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2013, 10:25:04 pm »
Well let's hope that as usual they haven't quite got it right.

WifaWobble

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2013, 08:11:47 pm »
Anyone know what the story is regarding what used to be good little ice dance themed group lesson, then dance club of sorts, at Birmingham Pershore Street Leisure Box rink?  Used to be on a Tuesday around 8-9:30pm and led by a coach there called Colin.  Not been for about 18 months.  Have emailed Colin, emailed the rink and thirdly rung and left a message on the rink's answerphone and been ignored on all three counts ... so as we all know, that is normally standard procedure in the ice skating world to indicate there's something good happening that they don't want too many people to find out about!

Ellessbee

« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »
My local rink in Forfar is hoping to get an adults only patch session started if there is enough interest. The possible days are Friday, Saturday or Sunday. See post on Facebook at Sk8Forfar.
Scottish skaters let them know if you are interested. The rink isn't large, but it is a nice one with friendly staff and a great cafe. 

Skate UK  what is it with inside 3 turns?????

June 2008 - learned how to do signatures.
March 2012 -can still do signatures.

gwynneth23

« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2015, 12:16:34 pm »
We were away recently and staying near to Cannock ice rink. I rang to find out if I could skate on patch as a visitor. The receptionist was unsure, but checked with a coach and rang back to say it would be OK. She gave me these weekday patch times (I didn't ask about weekends):

Mon - 5.30 to 7pm
Tues - 5.30 to 7.30pm
Thur - 5.30 to 7pm, 7.30 to 9.30pm
Fri - 6 to 7pm.

She said it cost £5 and you had to put your name (and a coach's name) in the book - I guess you'd have to introduce yourself to someone.

We didn't actually make it there but I did to go a public session at Tamworth Snowdome (when it started at 5pm on a Thur) and to my surprise it was really quiet and they let me do my usual practise including jumps, spins etc. They don't have any patch sessions. We also went tobogganing and it was a blast!

black

The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

black

« Reply #98 on: July 15, 2015, 10:12:53 am »
The most up-to-date timetable for Swindon ice rink can be found here;

http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/link-centre-ice-rink

This will also detail any session alterations.
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy