Author Topic: Skating Clinic/Camp at Nottingham  (Read 9032 times)

Christine

Re: Skating Clinic/Camp at Nottingham
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2010, 06:41:43 pm »
Does anyone have any feed back about this (apart from IQ) - how did the second day go?  Did you think it was good value for money?  What was covered?  How much did you all hurt after?  :)
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

sweeneytodd

« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2010, 06:57:27 pm »
Well really enjoyed it. Not sure wgat dance covered but office was jump rotation, plus did bit more work on ice on jumps plus quite a fun class using arms, which tends to get ignored in my case as i'm so busy thinking what my feet are doing.
Also had a runthrough field moves.

Certainly worth the  fee, and hopefully they will do another later in year,.

rach

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2010, 07:22:31 pm »
oooh if it was in the summer holidays that would be fantastic! Or earlier in the day at weekends would be good too!

Skating Mum

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2010, 07:24:02 pm »
I really enjoyed the camp. I was in the lower level free skating group. I thought the off ice jump rotation was good, and the on ice was good - lots of work on field moves and drills, as well as spin and jumps, and plenty of coaches in each class so lots of attention.

It was definitely worth the fee for me, and I would go back again. I wasn't too stiff or tired afterwards, but I had upped my training a bit before hand and I am glad I did as I think I would have suffered otherwise!
Started skating 10/01/10
Level 10 and Bronze Free 16/5/10
Gold Free 20/6/10

granita

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2010, 11:03:35 pm »
I hurt quite a lot afterwards, but then I hurt quite a lot beforehand too and only got through the weekend thanks to some stonking painkillers! It probably wasn't all that wise to go with injured ribs that really aren't fully recovered, but it was so totally worthwhile.

I was amazed by the skater to coach ratio in the figure group - I think everyone got a good amount of individual attention, help and feedback and I know I made an identifiable leap forward in jumping as well as learning loads of great drills and exercises (if only I could remember them all). I think even my L2FM back inside edges got a bit better.

I did think the coaching was a little more positive/kind than I'm used to (there was a lot of "that's good", "excellent!" on things I knew were neither good nor excellent) but that may be the right approach on a short course where the coaches haven't time to learn how each person handles criticism. All in all, I had a good time and would love to go again - (especially once it doesn't hurt!)
Passed level two field moves 29/5/12
Passed level two elements and free 17/6/14

BeckyM

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »
Hiya all. Glad you enjoyed it, I popped in on Sunday afternoon to see what you lot were up too and it looked good fun  O0. I kicked myself for not going but I simply couldn't afford it.

I have just heard from Lesley (one of the coaches) that they will be running a one day clinic on the 18th July. Soon as I have any more info that the date, I will let you know  :)
Currently working on:
Spins - Sit, Camel & Scratch
Jumps - Loop & Flip

Ice Drag Queen

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:23 am »
 O0   the skate clinic was brilliant! Off ice training was fun and improved the technique and the height of my jumps!  They were very positive instructors and very smiley!!! :D    I would definitely go again I learnt a lot and met a lot of great people that i would love to skate with again.  8)  Can't wait for the next skate clinic!  Becky ahhhhhh thats who it was watching!!!  O0  Can't wait to skate with you next time  O0

rach

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2010, 07:25:10 pm »
Hiya all. Glad you enjoyed it, I popped in on Sunday afternoon to see what you lot were up too and it looked good fun  O0. I kicked myself for not going but I simply couldn't afford it.

I have just heard from Lesley (one of the coaches) that they will be running a one day clinic on the 18th July. Soon as I have any more info that the date, I will let you know  :)

Awww it would be a sunday wouldn't it?! And when I'm away too.. never mind!

gwynneth23

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2010, 09:37:05 pm »

Ooh yes please do post as soon as you have any more info. I was away on holiday last week so I wasn't able to consider booking for this one, but 18th July might be an option. Long way to go for a day, but maybe... !

BeckyM

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2010, 12:02:39 am »
Yes it will be on the Sunday 18th. No formal information leaflet or anything as of yet but I have just checked the ice schedule and its scheduled in for 1.45pm - 7.15pm  :)

Will let you know once I find out more information!
Currently working on:
Spins - Sit, Camel & Scratch
Jumps - Loop & Flip

Eeyore

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2010, 07:17:25 am »
I'm hoping to get to this one.  Got caught up in major probs with the M1 trying to get to the last one and am off that weekend, so should be a good alternative.  (Will definitely take the train this time though!) :)
Working on Nisa Level 4 Elements, Level 3 Field Moves and Nisa Level 2 Free

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy