Author Topic: A week away ............  (Read 2838 times)

Andy

A week away ............
« on: January 09, 2010, 12:06:27 pm »
Hi All
I fancy a weeks hols in February/March in Europe?
Also like to fit in some skating maybe skiing as well, any suggestions would be great  O0
Come up with a wish list 8)

Andy

iSk8

Re: A week away ............
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »
Seefeld, Austria - outside ice rink(s) - one artificial, skiing (downhill and langlauf), walking, sledge trips - unfortunately very touristy nowadays
http://www.seefeld.com/webcam/skz.jpg

I think you've missed the skating course, but probably plenty of people around - even tuition.  Other outside rinks in Leutasch and surroundings

Garmisch-Partenkirchen - 2 indoor Olympic-sized rinks, one outdoor rink, swimming pool, ski-jumping, downhill, langlauf.  See the North Sea and the Zugspitze at the same time (the Nordsee, North Sea, is a fish shop chain and the Zugspitze is Germany's highest mountain - in the south)

Munich http://www.eistanz-muenchen.de/
Learn some Bavarian ice dancing - or go to the Olympic ice rink.
Enjoy the shopping, the Bierhalle, good food, wander round the Pinakothek art galleries, visit the English Garden (the world's largest city park I believe), take the train to Garmisch or Salzburg for the day.

Davos… or Arosa in Switzerland (expensive!).  But if you think Switzerland's expensive, go to Sweden.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 12:53:04 pm by iSk8 »

Carrie

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:25:22 pm »
Have a look at www.skateaway4.com.  There is a holiday in Andalo, Italy from 7th - 14 March.  I went in 2006 and had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend it. 

The rink is 10 minutes walk from the hotel for the skating course in the morning and skiiing is optional in the afternoon.   The ski lift is also just around the corner from the hotel or a little bit further to the beginner slopes.

Andy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:21:59 pm »
Thanks
ISK8 and Carrie
Had a good Google they all look mint

Any more  8) dont be shy :-\

Any one noticed this holiday has no mozzis ;) lurcking about ;D

Andy

toepick

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 04:14:38 pm »
Weissensee in Carinthia, Austria. Drinking quality water in summer, and freezes every year. The surface is Europe's largest groomed surface at 6.5km squared!

http://www.weissensee.com/en
http://winter.weissensee.com/?siid=216&LAid=2&jid=wi
I heart choctaws

eunicexie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 04:57:03 pm »
Hi Andy

You can try Switzerland.

I think they have some ski resort in Geneva, in around Feb/Mar.

Eunice Xie (aka londonicechamp)

ann

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 07:26:00 pm »
Hi Andy
As you know I live in Troon, Europe.  A week here would have 3 ice rinks within an 8 mile radius and skiing on golf course thanks to the snow we've been having lol.
Carol

janie

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:09:41 am »
How about innsbruck.... i know off a lovely hotel about a mile outside if innsbruck (traditional austrian).. they have the olympic rink there, ski jump, skiing.. an hours drive and you can be at neuwanstein (however spelt) where they some of chitty chitty bang bang... more skiing in germany also 45/60 mins away... along with visiting the salt mines, salzburg and the eagles nest (hitlers mountain top place) and all of this about an hour away from innsbruck.... strongly recommend it.. we loved it there and are definitly going back... BA now fly to innsbruck from Gatwick if that is close to you...
learning to walk sets you free but learning to dance gives you the greatest freedom of all

Andy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 11:18:46 am »
How about innsbruck.... i know off a lovely hotel about a mile outside if innsbruck (traditional austrian).. they have the olympic rink there, ski jump, skiing.. an hours drive and you can be at neuwanstein (however spelt) where they some of chitty chitty bang bang... more skiing in germany also 45/60 mins away... along with visiting the salt mines, salzburg and the eagles nest (hitlers mountain top place) and all of this about an hour away from innsbruck.... strongly recommend it.. we loved it there and are definitly going back... BA now fly to innsbruck from Gatwick if that is close to you...
Janie I have PM you

Thanks everyone , any more ??
Andy

iSk8

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:16:13 pm »
How about innsbruck....

Yeah, Innsbruck is quite good as well, although you do have to travel out for the skiing.  Not quite so gemütlich as a ski village.  Igls is quite good from Innsbruck (Seefeld and Garmisch are also reachable by train).  There used to be an outside rink at Igls - or you can try the bobsleigh run or try to emulate Franz Klammer.  The ski-jump landing is interesting - down by the graveyard!

Indoor ice rink - they used to freeze over the outside tracks as well - beats Wembley!

There's also Vienna - think there's a skating course there in February.

Andy

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »
Yeah, Innsbruck is quite good as well, although you do have to travel out for the skiing.  Not quite so gemütlich as a ski village.  Igls is quite good from Innsbruck (Seefeld and Garmisch are also reachable by train).  There used to be an outside rink at Igls - or you can try the bobsleigh run or try to emulate Franz Klammer.  The ski-jump landing is interesting - down by the graveyard!

Indoor ice rink - they used to freeze over the outside tracks as well - beats Wembley!

There's also Vienna - think there's a skating course there in February.

Weird or what I have a travel mag and the page open is Igls O0

So that is one of the top 3 I realy fancy going on the bob sleigh

Thanks again I will let everyone know what happens and  not to rub it in of course..... ;D
Andy

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy