Author Topic: What did you do in today's lesson?  (Read 354128 times)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
Re: What did you do in today's lesson?
« Reply #3432 on: January 22, 2020, 03:54:46 pm »
Ha!  I recognise that toepick crossover fall from 40 years ago.  It's a real, "What the...?!" moment when you do it.  Glad you were fine and it actually helped, though.  Funny how a fall can do that.  It's like, "Oh, I didn't die!  Well, let's do this thing, then..."

I think your goal for the year is a good one.  Go for it!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

josydavinia

« Reply #3433 on: January 22, 2020, 04:06:04 pm »
Ha!  I recognise that toepick crossover fall from 40 years ago.  It's a real, "What the...?!" moment when you do it. 

I think I knew it was going to happen - I had about 3 or 4 "crunchy" crossovers before that too that just didn't feel right... I think my fall just gave me a (literal) kick up the bum that I'd been needing for a long time! :D

Florence

« Reply #3434 on: January 23, 2020, 08:51:39 am »
Josydavina, I like It after I fall, I like you feel much more easy / confident afterwards!

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #3435 on: February 27, 2020, 05:39:36 pm »
Yesterday, I had my first proper lesson in nearly 21 years.  It was brilliant!  I am going to do as many of those Field Moves Levels and I possibly can, even though I can only do up to Level 6 at my home rink. 
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #3436 on: February 27, 2020, 06:01:03 pm »
In my lesson on Sunday I did lots of spins, jumps and footwork. Oh, and I finished my program for Blackpool.

I also took a group lesson on Saturday to try and actually pass Bronze, as I wanted to add more ice time but can't get to the rink in the week so this was a good fit. Super fun, even if I'm the only grown up 😂
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #3437 on: February 29, 2020, 12:08:50 pm »
Recently we did something I have never done before which was backwards powerpulls for 5 then hold the edge all the way round for a full circle, then continue powerpulls on same foot for another 5 then hold the opposite edge and so on, until you run out of steam or your leg muscles give out.

Other useful and fun things we have done recently were push off and glide on one foot, on a flat, move free foot just in front then just behind and so on, hands behind your back, chest out, shoulders back and down.  Same thing backwards.

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #3438 on: March 07, 2020, 07:37:43 pm »
Today was gooooood :D

In my little group lesson (2 of us) we did back outside pivots - nope, my foot does a back outside 3 halfway round the pivot :(
Then we did back outside edges - these are getting stronger :)
We finished with change of edge. My friend did forward outside to inside, I was challenged with forward inside to outside. So hard, but I can do a pretty decent attempt :)

Then in Passport group, we worked on spins, 3 jumps, bunny hop-drag and spirals - including forward INSIDE spirals. They should not exist... However, I'm pleased to say 3 rotations is my new normal for spins now, hurrah! FINALLY!

It was a good day on the ice, lesson wise :)
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

FootsieDAX

« Reply #3439 on: March 07, 2020, 10:04:53 pm »
Worked towards a Salchow. Strangely, although I just about managed one last time, I didn't get it right at all today. Fell a lot, too. Oh well. All part of the fun.   ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy