Author Topic: What did you do in today's lesson?  (Read 257284 times)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

Re: What did you do in today's lesson?
« Reply #3366 on: June 26, 2019, 05:58:58 AM »
Sunday's group footwork lesson, we did:
Toe steps - hate them, struggle going forwards when my classmates are going backwards, sideways and doing fancy little turns
Heel steps - why?! Ended up doing these holding on to my coach. Evil.
Then we broke away from footwork for the rest, we had a look at our 1 foot spins, 3 jumps - including a rather fun continuous 3 jump exercise and worked on spirals. Then we finished by the 2 of us s km sting in the artistic competition this Saturday running our routines and the lady not competing doing a little spin, spiral jump routine.

Great fun.

Started lessons again: 6/11/2012
Finished Skate UK: 29/11/2018
Inclusive Skater :)

josydavinia

« Reply #3367 on: June 27, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »
Sunday's group footwork lesson, we did:
Toe steps - hate them, struggle going forwards when my classmates are going backwards, sideways and doing fancy little turns
Heel steps - why?! Ended up doing these holding on to my coach. Evil.
Then we broke away from footwork for the rest, we had a look at our 1 foot spins, 3 jumps - including a rather fun continuous 3 jump exercise and worked on spirals. Then we finished by the 2 of us s km sting in the artistic competition this Saturday running our routines and the lady not competing doing a little spin, spiral jump routine.

Great fun.

This sounds like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to start working on foot work and spirals etc! :)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #3368 on: July 08, 2019, 07:57:55 AM »
Last night was the first week in my new lesson slot. One week I'll have a half hour lesson, then our group, then the other week I'll have an hour lesson :)

On my lesson we did some stuff from bronze, crossovers in a figure 8, bunny hop into drag and one foot spins.

Then in group it was all about back inside edges - we did them continuously down the rink, then we did back inside 3s although I'm just holding the back inside for now, then back inside loops, followed by mohawks, backwards 1 foot slaloms, and forward outside 3 turn followed by landing position.

Tiring, but great fun. I need to get my back knee on the ice to get the bunny hop drag signed off though, and have no idea how!
Started lessons again: 6/11/2012
Finished Skate UK: 29/11/2018
Inclusive Skater :)