Author Topic: Cardiff Adult Camp  (Read 9806 times)

SkateMum

Re: Cardiff Adult Camp
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2009, 09:28:38 pm »
OK, that sounds great.  Just need to sort out paying for it now!

I have never actually been to Cardiff rink - we were going to arrange to come over on a Sunday morning soon but this is even better because we will learn something too.

gwynneth23

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:37 pm »
It's a nice rink I think - although I am not as well travelled as Ice Mouse, so I don't have that much to compare it with :P  IM, what did you reckon??

Parking is free, and it's out of the town centre - on the edge of Cardiff Bay. I could PM anyone with directions from the M4. There's a basic cafe at the rink, and a nicer one at the new International Swimming Pool next door. Starbucks, Morrisons with cafe, Frankie & Benny etc are just 3 mins away by car!

Lots of nice things to see and do in Cardiff if you want to make a long weekend of it. Some ideas here - www.visitcardiff.com . Click on 'what to do and see' and then on 'attractions'.  (Sarah, how do you do links the way you do it? so much neater!)

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 09:49:43 pm »
I found the rink at Cardiff very nice, with friendly staff and skaters.  One of the good rinks I have been to.

Make sure Crich is on the Zamboni so you will have - as he calls it "orgasmic" whatever that means

The Ice Mouse

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

crich

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 09:54:25 pm »
i've said before about orgasmic ice.... its a fine art. but, lately our plants been playing up and so has our de humidifier so it might not be as sexualy appetising as normal haha

Natalie

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 10:18:04 am »
Hi, just wondering, if there are people coming from skate UK level 3, is this just a skate UK camp, or are the higher levels catered for as well?  ???

I guess this is something I could ask when I'm in Cardiff at the weekend, but just wondered if anyone else knows??

Also, I will be skating at Cardiff rink on Sunday 2nd August 11am - 1.15pm. Is anyone from the forum likely to be there? It would be nice to finally meet some of you!  :D

girlofhay

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 10:39:58 am »
i've said before about orgasmic ice.... its a fine art. but, lately our plants been playing up and so has our de humidifier so it might not be as sexualy appetising as normal haha
I think the mist rising off the ice in the early morning has a certain haunting beauty - very atmospheric - even if not orgasmic.
Recently completed UK skate level 10. Bronze dance autumn 2009.

ezika

• Hopelessly addicted to skating
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:33 am »
The ice has been quite good lately, although it felt a bit odd on saturday after the foam party (I had whiteish patches on my knees when I fell over!)I think the mist is a nice effect too ;)

Natalie, I know people from passport level who are going. Since it covers jump and spin techniques and ice dance and these aren't really on skate uk, it'll probably go higher, but I'm not sure exactly. I guess it'll depend on the ability of people who go and how many on each level.

Ask a coach if you can, even if it means emailing the head coach, since reception will probably have very ltitle information about it, probably nothing more than the flyer.

Started Skate UK 10/1/09
Passed Gold free 26/8/10

Working on upright spin, back spin, sit spin, camel spin, salchow, toe loop, loop, level 1FM

http://turniponice.blogspot.com/

gwynneth23

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 01:30:07 pm »
I should have added for those of you coming to the camp, the weekend public sessions are usually 11am to 1.15pm, and 1.45 to 4pm. £5.70 per session (plus skate hire). So you could stay around and skate for more of the day! The sessions are not too busy during the summer.

lisaraymer

• i just love to skate
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 07:31:35 pm »
bad news guys  :( cannot come to cardiff after all >:( other half can only get that week off work for holiday so we will still be away.
maybe another time
started skate uk may 09
level 10 29 july 09
bronze free passed 22.09.09
silver free passed  2.2.10
bronze and silver dance passed 5.10.10
gold dance passed 18.1.11
:):):)
level 1 field moves 10.07.11

Natalie

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 04:24:00 pm »
Just to answer my own question... I have had an email back from the coach to say that the camp will cater for people from beginners to NISA level 1  ;D

ezika

• Hopelessly addicted to skating
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 05:31:30 pm »
That's great  O0 One of the coaches said yesterday that there should be 4 or 5 coaches each day and we'll be split into groups according to ability. What level are you Natalie?

Started Skate UK 10/1/09
Passed Gold free 26/8/10

Working on upright spin, back spin, sit spin, camel spin, salchow, toe loop, loop, level 1FM

http://turniponice.blogspot.com/

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy