Author Topic: Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.  (Read 192656 times)

xdanix

Re: help me plzz..!!
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2007, 08:08:41 am »
hello well im 13 years old and i live around romford essex area. im looking to take skating lessons as i enjoy it soo much. But i am a complete beginner at this kind of thing..i need to know a good ice rink that teaches welll..because as i learn to skate..i would like to take part in competitions. and i also need to know where to buy decent skates nd dresses at a reasonable price..

soo plzz anybody that knows anyfing about this..
plzz reply
fankoo
yrr a big help!!
x

Hi!
I live in Essex near Romford too!! The best places for dresses and boots are 'The Blue room' in Marble arch London and The 'Mill' in Chelmsford Essex.  Chelmsford ice rink iz really good i'd recommend it any day!
Hope this helps xdanix
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 04:50:43 pm by xdanix »
Trying but failing to get my gold.......

Katie

Re: Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 08:27:30 am »
Hiya  :)
Im 16 and have been skating for about 6 or 7 years. I skate 4 days a week, for about a total of 14 hours each week. I have provate figure and dance lessons (half an hour each with seperate coaches), and also help to coach on skate UK sessions.   :) :):)

sk8

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 02:09:25 pm »
Hello,   I cannot get a "Reply" button up to reply to any post and have been unable to create a post.
                Any help appreciated.
                                 sk8 

didleyroo

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2007, 11:27:01 pm »
Hi, I'm 37 years old and took to the ice as my five year old daughter is obsessed with skating and wanted to try it with her Dad.

Fell in love with skating as soon as I tried it, we've both signed up for Skate UK in August and we are going skating twice a week at Nottingham.

Found this forum and it seems like a good place to chat and share experiences!
Currently working on Skate UK Level 8
My progress can be followed at http://iceroo.net

Ellessbee

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 04:39:14 pm »

Hello and thank you for the welcome.  I am 59 and have just started skating again.  I did some ski ing and skating as a teenager but didn't have any skating lessons then.  When my children were learning to skate at the old Stoneywood rink at Dyce they had an adult group and I started to learn proper figure skating.  It was great fun and I really missed it when the rink closed.  Does anyone else remember Dyce?

Have now had a few sessions on ice after break of about 12 years.  I love being back on the ice - just wish my feet and my bod could do the moves I've got in my head!

Would love to hear from others who don't think taking up skating is a mad hobby for the over 50s.
Skate UK  what is it with inside 3 turns?????

June 2008 - learned how to do signatures.
March 2012 -can still do signatures.

sweeneytodd

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 09:34:24 pm »
You aren't mad,have made lots of friends in 40's and 50's recently at the ice rink recently.  Mostly due to  skate UK Adult levels.  Though  one or two have been skating sometime.  I'm nearly 40 myself, but intending to keep that way as long as possible.  Probably be having several 39th birthdays until i decide to make the big jump.

Derek

• Crustie from Coventry ...
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2007, 12:15:44 pm »
Hello Ellessbee, I don't think you are mad either ... I took up skating about 20 months ago, at the age then of 50 (now 52). Went through the skate uk programme, and I am now having private lessons to take me through the 'Passport'. Passed my spin element for Bronze on Saturday, so it is working !

Good luck on your progress, and keep us posted ...
Bronze Passport: PASSED Woohoo !
Silver: PASSED Yippee !
Gold: Back Spin PASSED One Foot Spin ____ Toe Loop ____ Programme ____

The impossible is only a journey away ...

Kate

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2007, 01:13:05 pm »
Hey I'm Kate :)

I'm 14 n trying to pass my gold passport

I'd love to talk to REAL people on here about skating as i have quite a few questions???

Derek

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 01:49:09 pm »
Good luck with your gold, Kate. As a pre-Bronze crustie, I am finding it hard work, and gold is just a dream to me. Having a level 3 coach means the standard is high too ! Jump right in with questions, I regard everyone here as real, if anyone is blagging, it should rapidly become apparent !

Kate

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 01:54:45 pm »
Hey thanks :)

Are you on your bronze then?
I found it harder than silver so do worry!!

I just wondered what happens after gold because no one has told me and because i am so near to passing i wondered what happens next?!

Also do you have to spin a certain way cos my coach thinks you do but i spin the wrong way!! and that is what is stopping me from passing :(

Any ideas?

Derek

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 02:18:54 pm »
Kate, taken this convo to another thread, so as not to clutter up this welcome thread with technical chat !!!

http://www.skatingforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,328.0.html

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy