Author Topic: Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.  (Read 192676 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.
« on: March 25, 2006, 01:56:13 am »
Hi there.

Feel free to discuss the UK ice skating scene in the boards on this forum. Remember to bookmark this site and come back often to help make this a lively community and great resource for all.

Registered users can receive an email when someone posts a new topic, just hit the 'notify' button on each board you are interested in.

Finally, please feel free to introduce yourself by replying to this post.

Chris.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:34:12 pm by Chris »

Derek

• Crustie from Coventry ...
Re: Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 08:06:20 pm »
Hello and thanks for the welcome. To introduce myself, I have been skating for a year, having started at the crustie age of 50 !!!
I enrolled on the Learn to Skate programme at Coventry, and completed level 10 a few weeks ago, but am repeating the level in order to consolidate, and since I skate every Sunday now, it makes sense to take advantage of the extra ice time. The rink has a club, which I hope to join after Christmas, the instructors and officials are very keen to secure more adults into the club.

Whilst my current standard appeared impossible when I started, I now realise that it is just the tip of the iceberg, and how much further there is to progress.

My daughter also skates and has just completed her silver NISA award? (is that how it is described). I am pleased to be able to embarrass her when I am on the ice by my clowning around (father's privelege).

Anyhow, I think that is enough for now, I hope to get a lot from this forum, I doubt I can contribute much but will try.

Thanks again

Derek (aka the Crustie ha ha)
Bronze Passport: PASSED Woohoo !
Silver: PASSED Yippee !
Gold: Back Spin PASSED One Foot Spin ____ Toe Loop ____ Programme ____

The impossible is only a journey away ...

mevill

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 10:39:04 pm »
Hello!  I'm glad to have stumbled across this forum!  We have just moved to the UK from Alaska where our 6 year old daughter skated with the USFSA for 3 years.  It's been 3 months since she's been on the ice due to the closest rink being 75 miles away from our home in Thetford...Now there's one in Norwich (Ice Experience, no website as of yet).  She's nervous about having to work with a new coach, but she's young enough to adapt easily.

Amber was enrolled in the basic skills program in Alaska so we're hoping to get her back into that here.  The terminology for elements is very different here than in the US so I'm not sure what level she would be in.  If anyone could shed some light on our new skating experience that would be wonderful!  Also, we could definitely use a little guidance on obtaining a coach...any info is helpful!

Thanks to all, especially Chris for hosting this forum!

Melissa
http://http://mevill.homestead.com/stefanfamily.html
(It's a work in progress)

Kristen

• Ice Princess!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 06:16:54 pm »
Hiya! My names Kristen and i'm 13. I am going to be starting my first figure skating lesson next Friday.....any tips?? Do u have any useful webby's that sell decent cheapish skating dresses and boots??? I could do with some good advice! L ;DL! Thanks!!! x Kristen x
x Kristen x

Paul

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 12:13:13 am »
Whoops I posted without introducing myself! Paul from York, I just can't get the hang of ice skating, I find it so frustrating! See my post. Like Derek I am at the crusty old age of 50 something. Somebody please answer my post and give me a clue! Thanks.

spook29

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 06:57:35 pm »
Hey there!!
         I like paul from york posted without saying hi first!oops!
 glad to have found this forum,myself and my boyfriend have just started skating and we're having a great time! so looking forward to chatting with fellow skaters ;D

kerriluke

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 05:29:07 pm »
Hi my name is kerri i am 20yrs old n i am dying to learn to ice skate. i have no idea what i need, what i need to do to start and where to find boots ect n a coach. i wud luv it if someone cud help me get started up as its my dream to be able to figure skate.
xx

icelady

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 10:13:32 pm »
Hi thanks for the welcome! I used to skate when I was younger and I'm just about to get back into it! Not looking forward to falling over though he he  ;D
Be nice to get some tips off you guys too.

Zak

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 08:54:37 pm »
Hi, I'm Zachary and i cant wait for my skating lessons to start in two weeks at Ice sheffield. I'm 9 years old and cant skate yet i'm a complete beginner.

Kristen

• Ice Princess!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 09:55:01 pm »
are you chris??? as in Torvill and Dean Chris??????!!!!!!!
x Kristen x

newskater

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 08:02:44 pm »
Hello everyone.

After many years of wishing i could skate i have decided now is the time before its too late!

Well they do say life begins at forty..... and thats fast approaching later this year, also my son wants lessons and no doubt i'll have to go skating with him when he gets the hang of it so......here goes.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy