Author Topic: Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.  (Read 192472 times)

Leif

Re: Welcome to SkatingForum.co.uk - Please read.
« Reply #880 on: May 28, 2017, 08:14:41 am »
"Love" and "running".....two words that never belong in the same sentence!

I run if :

a) Someone is chasing me with an axe
b) Someone is dishing out free doughnuts!

:-)

Well young man, I was going to give you a telling off, but I'll put your mistake down to your youth. :)

Running through the New Forest on a summer's day, or through woods at night in winter and seeing wood mice, badgers and owls can't be beaten. Running to get a doughnut is also good although moving ones desk closer to the doughnut distribution area makes more sense.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 08:16:12 am by Leif »

AndyinSwindon

• When Hell Freezes Over...At least we can skate!
« Reply #881 on: May 28, 2017, 08:20:04 am »
Leif, I have to hand it to you, your humour never fails to disappoint me!

:)
Started skating 07.01.17
Currently working through NISA LTS Levels.
Currently wobbling through hockey LTP sessions.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #882 on: September 21, 2017, 03:55:17 pm »
Hello...?  I'm a returning skater, after nearly 20 years and a leg injury.  I've been two weeks running now and it's still very slippery.  Frustration is kicking in at not being able to do anything I used to do without even thinking.  I'll keep at it, though.  Hopefully it'll come back...  :)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Leif

« Reply #883 on: September 21, 2017, 11:20:34 pm »
Hello...?  I'm a returning skater, after nearly 20 years and a leg injury.  I've been two weeks running now and it's still very slippery.  Frustration is kicking in at not being able to do anything I used to do without even thinking.  I'll keep at it, though.  Hopefully it'll come back...  :)

It will, and you'll be having great fun again. Best of luck. :)

AnabelleMom

« Reply #884 on: December 13, 2017, 02:49:15 am »
Hello, my name is Beata. I live in Scotland, but but I come from Russia and I also lived in Poland :)  My daughter Anabelle started skating in April. At the moment she has UK skite badge 7.

Florence

« Reply #885 on: December 14, 2017, 07:57:58 am »
Welcome Annabelle mom x

MonkeyBeaver

« Reply #886 on: December 22, 2017, 12:21:04 pm »
Hi, another beginner skater here. Started back in May so I could skate with my boys after my 8 year old went to a skating party & fell in love with it. We've been working our way through the Skate Excellence program, although I stopped my lessons in October & my 5 year old has decided he's not really that keen anymore. My 8 year old has been on Hockey excellence for the last 6 weeks & has been asked to join the under 9s team, so exciting times ahead.

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #887 on: December 22, 2017, 04:07:54 pm »
Started back in May so I could skate with my boys after my 8 year old went to a skating party & fell in love with it. We've been working our way through the Skate Excellence program, although I stopped my lessons in October & my 5 year old has decided he's not really that keen anymore. My 8 year old has been on Hockey excellence for the last 6 weeks & has been asked to join the under 9s team, so exciting times ahead.

Welcome!  Wave goodbye to all your money and spare time...   ;D

But you'll find plenty of sympathy here! 
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

MonkeyBeaver

« Reply #888 on: December 22, 2017, 04:49:41 pm »
Welcome!  Wave goodbye to all your money and spare time...   ;D

But you'll find plenty of sympathy here!

Yes, I’m beginning to understand that now!

Just trying to focus on how much he loves it & how happy he is on the Ice

MrGrumpyDad

« Reply #889 on: August 28, 2018, 09:36:39 pm »
Hi all

My name is Jon, late thirties and from Cardiff. I have been skating since I was a teenager but stopped skating due to being busy and lazy. Just started to pick it back up again and recently taught my daughter to skate. I am rusty and at the moment learning how to hockey stop again and learning the art of falling over gracefully ;)

meccanomover

« Reply #890 on: April 02, 2019, 06:13:22 pm »
Thank you for this forum. I am a beginner at 60 years old.  There is so much helpful information.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy