Author Topic: Where to buy skates  (Read 1978 times)

jimlewis

Where to buy skates
« on: March 20, 2007, 10:15:22 pm »
Hi,

I have been trying to locate skate shops in the UK especially close to Oxfordshire as I need to buy some figure skates. I would buy online normally but I need to try them on first as I have wide feet.

I have searched and search google but can not turn up many shops. I think the shops are missing a trick.

Can people please list the name of a shop / town where you can buy skates from and we will compile a comprehensive list for me and others.

Thanks

James

Gareth

Re: Where to buy skates
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 11:15:26 am »
I have also been looking for a good figure skate shop, but there are not many around so I will be making a 400 mile round trip next week to buy some boots from here www.iceskate.co.uk

I originally found this site when I was looking for somewhere that does skate sharpening, but they are a bit too far away for that lol

sweeneytodd

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:39:02 pm »
It is a pain,   Our rink skate shop  don't sell  the model I want next,  so a case of ordering,  probably from the States.      Fortunately  I'm on a lesser model of the skate I'm thinking of getting and the sizes do seem to be consistent further up the range.   Sadly that's not helpful for people   changes brands or on their first pair.

jayne615

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 05:27:26 pm »
Why don't you try Dreamskate in Nottingham, www.dreamskate.com I've always found John really helpful.  He always carries plenty of stock.  He also sharpens boots too and I've never had any problems.

figureskater10

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 12:51:21 pm »
There are a few skate shops in London.

I got my skates for Queens skate shop (I skate at queens). The people in there are so helpful and they really do fit you with good skates and give good advice.

The address is www.lonskate.com

Nikki
Currently working on Skate UK Star Passport SILVER!
Backwards Spiral = GETTING THERE
A Single Salchow = GETTING THERE
One Foot Spin = COMPLETED
A Teapot = GETTING THERE
and..
Over 700 posts...wow :)

lighting28

kat

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 03:26:07 pm »
i get my skates at hoppys hockey locker in dundee or gat them at comps

kathleen