Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630243 times)

Slippy Slider

• My 'expression of horror' on ice is Concentration!
Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 07:18:51 pm »
Andi

I went to Skate Reception.  One of the kiosks was open just to print off/collect certificates, so it was printed off in front of me. 

Was rather pleased as now they are charging £1 per certificate (I haven't had to pay for any of the others).  I opened my purse and there wasn't even £1 there so I got it free as well!

I then went to one of the other Kiosks on the Reception to book myself onto passport and pomptly spent a lot of money!  Buy hey, I saved £1  O0
Lost in a world of infinite possibilities, but with no Chocolate Hobnobs  :P

rach

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 07:22:26 pm »
Firstly congrats to everyone!!!!

Skateu lets not talk about Mohawk
I can do LR BUT STRUGLE BIG TIME RL
I could chop my foot off with even a blunt mohawk with the frustration my mate has got 10 to 2 feet and he found them realy simple my feet are at 12.00 , my coach said that is why he found them so easy and he could do them straigt off and a total circle in minutes both ways I have been trying for weeks and no improvements.
Andi

Secondly... am guessing this could have been my trouble.... when I was younger my feet use to be at 5 to 1...... unfortunately it was my right one pointing to 11 and my left to the 1!!!!!  ;D   maybe this could be my problem with spread eagle too!

Christine

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 10:13:55 pm »
Mowhawks are awful!
I can do one side, but the other side is pants, so i avoid it as much as possible.
Its always the way.

I can do closed mohawks without a problem but the open is awful and then having to go into it from a crossover on the silver dance step sequence - apparently 'you're not opening your hips wide enough, Christine'  ;D  is that what you are both talking about Rach and Andie - the position of the feet?

Excellent news SlippySlider - the bronze free should be a doddle for you  ;)  AiryFairy well done to you also and just how did you manage the weight loss?  I look as though I've lost some but haven't - just toned up  ::)
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

Ellessbee

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:15 am »
I haven't been skating or on the forum for ages, so many congratulations to everyone who has been making such progress over the last few months.  :D
I haven't been on the ice so no skating improvements for me :(  BUT I have now added a WHOLE NEW CONTINENT to my list of places where I've been skating! :D  Had my first taste of skating in Australia last Sunday and loved it. ;D
Think they have an adult coffee session class on Tuesday mornings at Hunter's Ice Stadium in Warner's Bay, NSW,  so hope to get to it.
Need to get practising or I wont be fit for the Dundee camp when I get home.   :)
Skate UK  what is it with inside 3 turns?????

June 2008 - learned how to do signatures.
March 2012 -can still do signatures.

Airyfairy76

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 08:43:50 am »
AiryFairy well done to you also and just how did you manage the weight loss?  I look as though I've lost some but haven't - just toned up  ::)

Thanks Christine - just good old fashioned calorie counting!  I log everything I eat on www.nutracheck.co.uk which guides you as to how many calories you should have and has a very thorough food database on it.  Skating has helped too of course!!!
AMANDA

"If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance . . . "

www.iceneasy.blogspot.com

rach

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 01:28:06 pm »
I haven't been skating or on the forum for ages, so many congratulations to everyone who has been making such progress over the last few months.  :D
I haven't been on the ice so no skating improvements for me :(  BUT I have now added a WHOLE NEW CONTINENT to my list of places where I've been skating! :D  Had my first taste of skating in Australia last Sunday and loved it. ;D
Think they have an adult coffee session class on Tuesday mornings at Hunter's Ice Stadium in Warner's Bay, NSW,  so hope to get to it.
Need to get practising or I wont be fit for the Dundee camp when I get home.   :)

Wow! sounds like fun! Must be nice over there being so hot at mo and then getting to skate too!!!!!!

luv2sk8

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 03:42:45 pm »
Today I achieved a teapot, backward spiral, one foot spin and failed a single mohawk- Passport Free Silver! I am REALLY pleased but am struggling to take off on the mohawk.
YYYAAAAAAYYYYYY! Passed NISA Field Moves Level 1!
BAC2010 Pre bronze Free Category 3 Bronze! :)

Andy

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 06:22:53 pm »
I can do closed mohawks without a problem but the open is awful and then having to go into it from a crossover on the silver dance step sequence - apparently 'you're not opening your hips wide enough, Christine'  ;D  is that what you are both talking about Rach and Andie - the position of the feet?

Excellent news SlippySlider - the bronze free should be a doddle for you  ;)  AiryFairy well done to you also and just how did you manage the weight loss?  I look as though I've lost some but haven't - just toned up  ::)

Christine
Defo feet if you can open your hips please explain ??
Andi

the stethoscope

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 06:46:10 pm »
i passed my level 2 field moves/elements and free today! yippee!

found it all hard and i was more nervous than ever this time-bizarre....

i also achieved feeling totally shattered tonite after it all but kids asleep and gonna get a deep bath
my body aint what it was and realised only 2 weeks to british-help!X

level 3 field moves and elements passed 3/10
north eastern geriatric skater gangmember

rach

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:05 pm »
Congratulations!!!!! you must be over the moon! I would be!

ice queen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2009, 06:54:23 pm »
Congrats Stethoscope and see you on the ice tomorrow for BACs rehearsal O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy