Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630143 times)

Andy

What did you achieve this week
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:24:41 am »
With all this horrible weather and to give us all a boost and also we hardly ever pat our selves on our own back lets celebrate our own achievement and tell all O0

Mine is and Iam very proud so is Coach (quote) beautiful) her words:

Two consecutive LFO 3-turns followed by LFO sustained outside edge with free leg extended (left and right)
I had passed this 3 weeks ago but now !!!oohhhh

Andi
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 11:26:46 am by Andie »

rach

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:40:49 am »
I can go a wee bit quicker than could before..... or at least it feels so much better.... need people I know to assess whether am doing my little jumps at faster speed than before.... but feels it! Molly Paul! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd yoooooooooooooooooooooou!  ;D

Christine

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 11:58:48 am »
I passed the bunny hop into the drag for bronze free and passed the forward runs in figure of eight for silver dance and finally, feel I'm making progress on the step sequence for silver dance but that open mohawk is horrible  :)

Also, after nearly 2 weeks not going to the gym because of various joint problems, returned last night and intend to go over the week end  ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:00:24 pm by Christine »
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

skatey

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 12:30:05 pm »
Yes, I'm struggling on that open mohawk too - it's the only one I need to pass silver dance.

Achievements this week:  Spins have come back - did 4 revs last sunday (for some reason I've not been able to do them for a while).  Sit spin attempts weren't too bad either.  This morning, when practicing field moves, I was told my spirals are higher and longer and the curves were better too  :)

Non-skating achievements:  Did a taster session at Manchester velodrome and managed to do a whole lap up on the wood - it was about as scary as that first 3-jump!

Great thread Andi - we need to remind ourselves of these little achievements.

Well done everybody.

Andy

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 01:21:44 pm »
Yes, I'm struggling on that open mohawk too - it's the only one I need to pass silver dance.

Achievements this week:  Spins have come back - did 4 revs last sunday (for some reason I've not been able to do them for a while).  Sit spin attempts weren't too bad either.  This morning, when practicing field moves, I was told my spirals are higher and longer and the curves were better too  :)

Non-skating achievements:  Did a taster session at Manchester velodrome and managed to do a whole lap up on the wood - it was about as scary as that first 3-jump!

Great thread Andi - we need to remind ourselves of these little achievements.

Well done everybody.

Skateu lets not talk about Mohawk
I can do LR BUT STRUGLE BIG TIME RL
I could chop my foot off with even a blunt mohawk with the frustration my mate has got 10 to 2 feet and he found them realy simple my feet are at 12.00 , my coach said that is why he found them so easy and he could do them straigt off and a total circle in minutes both ways I have been trying for weeks and no improvements.
Andi

skate

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 02:22:11 pm »
Mowhawks are awful!
I can do one side, but the other side is pants, so i avoid it as much as possible.
Its always the way.

caffn8me

• Global Moderator
  • Womble on ice (Novice)
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 04:09:20 pm »
What did I achieve?  I managed to get back on the ice after spending nearly two weeks away with Runner's Knee.  I didn't fall over, I skated for over an hour and I could still walk when I came off the ice.  That doesn't sound much but given that I've been unable to walk for a few days that's progress.

Skate UK start: 24/02/09
Met The Ice Mouse: 27/03/09
Broke wrist: 24/04/09
NISA L1 FM pass: 29/03/10
English Style Prelim test: 7/08/11
Working on: L2, L3, L4 FM, L1 Comp.Dance

Spiders on coffee

Airyfairy76

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 05:20:35 pm »
On the ice I achieved having half of my level 2 Field Moves deemed as being passable by my coach.  Who then looked thoughtful about me doing Level 1 and 2 at the same time.  I think not . . . .

OFF the ice - after 14 months, I have lost a grand total of six stone, and reached my goal weight today of 9 stone 9!!  I am soooo chuffed!!!!!!

:D :D :D
AMANDA

"If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance . . . "

www.iceneasy.blogspot.com

Slippy Slider

• My 'expression of horror' on ice is Concentration!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 05:25:31 pm »
OFF the ice - after 14 months, I have lost a grand total of six stone, and reached my goal weight today of 9 stone 9!!  I am soooo chuffed!!!!!!

Congratulations you  O0 O0

I passed Skate UK Level 10 this week.  Just worked steadily through each level and finished it in exactly 12 months!  No time to rest though, time to move on to bigger and better things  O0
Lost in a world of infinite possibilities, but with no Chocolate Hobnobs  :P

luv2sk8

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 05:26:44 pm »
On the ice I achieved having half of my level 2 Field Moves deemed as being passable by my coach.  Who then looked thoughtful about me doing Level 1 and 2 at the same time.  I think not . . . .

WOW! Well done Both great achievements!!
YYYAAAAAAYYYYYY! Passed NISA Field Moves Level 1!
BAC2010 Pre bronze Free Category 3 Bronze! :)

Andy

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 05:35:59 pm »
Congratulations you  O0 O0

I passed Skate UK Level 10 this week.  Just worked steadily through each level and finished it in exactly 12 months!  No time to rest though, time to move on to bigger and better things  O0
Slippy
Well done
Have you picked up your certificate.
The box where mine was kept was right at the bottom it took the girl in reception ages to remove 1 to 9 it made it all the more enyoyable than saying here it is ;D
Andi

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy