Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630145 times)

Fluffelina

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #5654 on: February 14, 2021, 09:20:38 pm »
It was ok, I didn't take the time to clear the ice, but did a bit of outside edge ok, and sone 3 turns when there wete people watching. Didn't feel safe though, i won't donit again unless i am certain it is safe.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5655 on: February 14, 2021, 09:24:08 pm »
It was ok, I didn't take the time to clear the ice, but did a bit of outside edge ok, and sone 3 turns when there wete people watching. Didn't feel safe though, i won't donit again unless i am certain it is safe.

A pond could be tricky.  Round our way the meads often have standing water in them and the fields flood so the water is only ankle deep.  If the ice cracked you could have a nasty fall but you wouldn't drown.

Fluffelina

« Reply #5656 on: February 14, 2021, 10:19:43 pm »
I know i wouldn't drown! I swim well, even in the cold (my other sport is kayaking). But my man would kill me for coming home wet.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5657 on: February 15, 2021, 07:30:29 am »
I know i wouldn't drown! I swim well, even in the cold (my other sport is kayaking). But my man would kill me for coming home wet.

Probably wouldn't do your skates much good either!

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #5658 on: May 13, 2021, 08:32:23 pm »
I passed Bronze (free) last Saturday :) I’m so proud, didn’t think I’d ever get this far when I started skating. On to Silver now!
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5659 on: May 23, 2021, 09:32:14 am »
I passed Bronze (free) last Saturday :) I’m so proud, didn’t think I’d ever get this far when I started skating. On to Silver now!

Forgot to reply to this as I read it on my phone! Brilliant. Well done! Very proud of you and your progress and determination. You rock.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5660 on: May 05, 2022, 09:43:39 pm »
I finally managed to really get down into the ground without scrunching up my toes while skating on wheels, and also to do a toe wheel forward walk (on toe wheels switching left to right foot forward/back).

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5661 on: May 05, 2022, 10:53:35 pm »
I finally managed to really get down into the ground without scrunching up my toes while skating on wheels, and also to do a toe wheel forward walk (on toe wheels switching left to right foot forward/back).

That sounds great! And also terrifying...
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5662 on: May 06, 2022, 06:12:57 am »
Yes, I'm still at the stage of overcoming mental resistance.  Once you get into a rhythm it's easier.  It's hard on the feet.  Nice to know that even at my advanced age it's possible to learn and begin to master something new - it's easy to wonder sometimes why on earth one has chosen such a difficult hobby, and at other times wonder why everyone doesn't skate (what's wrong with people?!).  Funny business.

FootsieDAX

« Reply #5663 on: May 13, 2022, 08:43:46 pm »
I know what you mean, I feel the same. On top of that, I am slightly ashamed to be learning figure skating at my age (it's not like I am going to go to the next World Championship! :)), but love it too much to give it up.

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5664 on: May 13, 2022, 09:01:57 pm »
I've just been skating with a bunch of kids in a school hall.  Think I'm the only adult who's not there with their own kids with them.  Skating is too important to allow these considerations to interfere with it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy