Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 631418 times)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #5335 on: December 09, 2018, 10:10:30 am »
I skated in two shows yesterday, despite having, what I think, was my first ever panic attack in the morning. Very proud of myself.
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #5336 on: December 09, 2018, 07:16:21 pm »
Gosh!  Well done, indeed!

Did you enjoy performing?
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #5337 on: December 09, 2018, 07:36:48 pm »
I absolutely loved it - I’ve done probably 6 shows now. The thing that caused my brain to betray me briefly wasn’t directly show related.

From today - I’ve done some 3 jumps from backwards crossovers :)
Inclusive Skater :)
IS Masters FD World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Pairs Level 2 World Champion 2021 🥇
IS Free Skate Level 3 Bronze Medalist 2021 🥉

WednesdayMarch

« Reply #5338 on: December 09, 2018, 08:02:20 pm »
Oh, my word - you are on FIRE!
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Florence

« Reply #5339 on: December 10, 2018, 07:43:19 am »
Well done Squeeze!

Well done Mini Crackers! I find being at my daughters Tests more nervy than competitions!

Crackers

« Reply #5340 on: December 11, 2018, 11:26:30 pm »
Great news!  Quite right to be proud!

Well done Mini Crackers! I find being at my daughters Tests more nervy than competitions!

Thank you WednesdayMarch & Florence.
It was only December 2016 that my daughter & son started skating so the test experience is still relatively new to me too so i know what you mean about "being nervy".
Keeping an eye out for that outstretched hand from the NISA judge and waiting for the correct moment to applaud a skaters achievement is an art in itself  :)
No competitions yet, but who knows...

black

« Reply #5341 on: December 13, 2018, 06:50:53 pm »
Managed to get a couple of skates in; yay!

I haven't been skating as much lately, due to some rink nastiness.

Though I'm missing skating a lot I have been enjoying some lie-ins and having a bit extra money.

Hoping to get back to more regular skating in the New Year, at a different rink.
The greatest trick figure skaters ever pulled, was convincing the world it was easy.

katepilarr

« Reply #5342 on: December 29, 2018, 01:28:33 pm »
Happy to contribure to this thread once again!

Had a lesson! hooray, after two and a half years! Joined the club session on Friday night at Streatham and met a coach (who knows my coaches in Scotland! ... small skating world :)) and arranged for a lesson this morning. Incredible how much work can be done in half and hour with a good coach!
Overall had a good time and £43 well spent!
(British coaching is extremely expensive when paying for it from a Czech salary. In two hours on the ice I spend more than I earn in a day!)
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

katepilarr

« Reply #5343 on: December 29, 2018, 01:31:08 pm »
Managed to get a couple of skates in; yay!

I haven't been skating as much lately, due to some rink nastiness.

Though I'm missing skating a lot I have been enjoying some lie-ins and having a bit extra money.

Hoping to get back to more regular skating in the New Year, at a different rink.

Thats a shame :( Is that AP you are having troubles with? Where are you switching to?

working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop

katepilarr

« Reply #5344 on: December 29, 2018, 01:46:27 pm »

It's very quiet in here.  Did everybody give up and take up crochet...?

I  have endeed taken up crochet again :D But that doesnt stop me from skating! I had a break of about 10 or 12 week, mainly due to illness. My back was not having in yesterday but i persisted nonetheless. Legs felt shaky this morning after yesterdays shock but it will get better. Well, I really hope so!

Weeyin

« Reply #5345 on: December 29, 2018, 04:39:20 pm »
I’ve finally managed to get my toe loop attempts away from the barrier. They are not pretty and certainly wouldn’t pass but for someone as terrified as me if huge progress to finally be able to let go and do it on my own. Also managed a couple of centred sit spins though not quite low enough yet but feel like I’m getting there. All in all it’s been a very successful week of skating for me! 😊

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy