Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 630289 times)

katepilarr

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #5005 on: July 12, 2017, 11:13:26 pm »
i found out that my skating buddy is back from her year abroad !

and found out about cheap public sessions in a nearby town. something unheard of in this country - ice time in the summer! empty enough to train as opposed to slaloming between houndreds of people being forbidden any figure stuff. good timing for time off work!
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

The ice mouse

• Global Moderator
  • I have met a real live Womble - Caffn8me
« Reply #5006 on: July 25, 2017, 10:44:24 pm »
Today I tried my first backwards Spiral (with the help of my coach)

I prefer frozen ice. I will try anything once. I

santa-maria

• Skating with attitude
« Reply #5007 on: July 29, 2017, 10:29:00 pm »
Well done, The Ice Mouse!
Life is just question of priorities...

For Fame, Glory and Cuddly toys..

Leif

« Reply #5008 on: August 13, 2017, 08:10:23 am »
Yesterday I managed backwards one foot hockey stops, on both my right and left foot.  :D I got a thumbs up from a young lad who saw me stop.

I was using the inside dge of the leading skate, I suspect that using the outside edge of the trailing skate is way beyond my skill level, though it must be possible.

Leif

« Reply #5009 on: August 26, 2017, 04:12:42 pm »
I managed a three turn today, on my right leg, and managed to keep my balance on completion. And I did a few more to prove it was not a one off. Wearing hockey skates of course. :)

Snufkin

« Reply #5010 on: August 31, 2017, 09:46:30 pm »
Hello everyone... I'm new to both the forum and skating :)

I'm feeling good today because I went to the rink wanting to attempt forward crossovers. In the two hour public skate I went from "Foot... Over... Other foot... how..." to being able to more or less manage several crossovers in a row without pushing. They're not very deep and I lean forward too much (this is a terrible habit and my constant problem in everything I do so far) but still, it was a satisfying start! I'm looking forward to following the progress of all you skaters much more advanced than me.
Started skating August 2017

Leif

« Reply #5011 on: September 02, 2017, 06:17:47 pm »
Well done.  O0 The way you eat an elephant is one mouthful at a time.  :)

katepilarr

« Reply #5012 on: September 03, 2017, 12:38:00 am »
No automatic alt text available.a centred spin coming on :D
skating in Prague and Elgin, Scotland
working on L1 and L2 field moves, upright spin& backspin, single jumps upto loop
www.youtube.com/user/catepilarr

Snufkin

« Reply #5013 on: September 04, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »
Ooooh, that must be a satisfying sight :)
Started skating August 2017

Florence

« Reply #5014 on: September 22, 2017, 03:00:30 pm »
I went skating.
I fell over at the beginning (pick in a hole) It was arguably the best move I have made this year. My skating improved instantly! Wednesday I couldn't manage to do a Sk8 Uk level 4 edge on a circle, today post fall I managed to do some backward stroking, Backward crossovers and even a crossover into landing glide which is where I left off 2 years ago.

So yay for finally falling, don't even know why I get so nervous about falling because there is something strangely nice about it, it always makes me smile after. It didn't hurt, no one was laughing at the fat lady on the floor, and my skating improved!

Think I'm finally ready to sign up for lessons again  :)   gonna do it next rink visit before I skate and talk myself out of it again,lol

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5015 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:17 pm »
I went skating for the second week in a row, after my 18 year hiatus!  I didn't fall over, I didn't injure myself, and I laughed a lot.

Weirdly, I discovered that I find a blues Choctaw (LFI to RBO) easier than a RFO closed Mohawk.  I'm not sure what that's saying about my right leg but I think I'm going to have to have a chat with it.

I had a tiny attempt at clockwise backward crossovers but chickened out very quickly.  They still make me feel sick, even 18 years after the event.  Next week will be better...
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Jackson Elite Pro & MK Vision Syncro. Still scary after all these years.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy