Author Topic: What did you achieve this week  (Read 400605 times)

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

Re: What did you achieve this week
« Reply #5401 on: May 11, 2019, 09:29:58 PM »
I think I managed a 4 rotation 1 foot spin, from the proper entry.

2 rotations on one foot before pulling in, then another 2 after. Wasn't completely clean, but I was pleased.

Hoping coach agrees it's 4, not 2 - does leg position matter for a basic forward spin? I know it does for sit spins etc...
Started lessons again: 6/11/2012
Finished Skate UK: 29/11/2018
Inclusive Skater :)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5402 on: May 15, 2019, 05:06:39 PM »
I think I managed a 4 rotation 1 foot spin, from the proper entry. . . .
Hoping coach agrees it's 4, not 2 - does leg position matter for a basic forward spin? I know it does for sit spins etc...

Well done!  That's a proper spin!  I don't think the leg position matters greatly.  I always start to spin with mine out to the side rather than the front, and then pull it in sideways, over and down, like a corkscrew, rather than with the knee of the free leg pointing forwards.  Always have done.

My achievement this week was to get back the most of the moves I'd lost through not realising that my blades were blunter than they should be.  I didn't realise I've lost so much sensation in my rebuilt leg.  Need to keep an eye on that!  Now I want to skate again tomorrow in order to catch up...  ::)
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Graf Dance boots and MK Dance blades. It's still a bit slippery...

transmissionoftheflame

« Reply #5403 on: May 15, 2019, 05:21:16 PM »
Your description of how you spin seems to match what the lovely Mr Lambiel is doing in this rather good clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvP85_3yXHY
I think you get a faster spin like that which can seem scary but I think it is more centred and stable once you master it

VisuallyImpairedOnIce

« Reply #5404 on: May 15, 2019, 05:33:39 PM »
Coach is mean - he only counts after I pull my leg in! 😂

But I still achieved a spin from the full entry, so I'll take that 😀
Started lessons again: 6/11/2012
Finished Skate UK: 29/11/2018
Inclusive Skater :)

WednesdayMarch

• Nicer when fed...
« Reply #5405 on: May 15, 2019, 09:10:57 PM »
Your description of how you spin seems to match what the lovely Mr Lambiel is doing in this rather good clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvP85_3yXHY
I think you get a faster spin like that which can seem scary but I think it is more centred and stable once you master it

Yes!  That is exactly the way I do it!  Although my exits aren't quite up to that standard these days.  Because I am dizzier than an armadillo in a centrifuge when I come out...  ;D

VIOI, you'll have those revolutions increasing in no time at all!  Well done.
Returned to the ice in Sept 2017 after a major leg injury in 1999. Skating in Graf Dance boots and MK Dance blades. It's still a bit slippery...