Author Topic: Share your joy...............2009  (Read 11974 times)

Sk8s_4fun

Re: Share your joy...............2009
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 09:56:55 am »
  Why do lessons go so fast though?  Just as I've got into them they're over >:(

I haven't yet worked that one out - could do with one of them gadgets out of harry potter that stops time................
L1 FM's
 L1 Elements
 L2 Free dance
 L2 Compulsory Dance

bronzeatlast

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 04:02:21 pm »
My aims for 2009 are

To do a spiral again (not managed one since may)
To learn a Loop
To learn to sit spin

Most importantly... to join things together.  At the moment I can do lots of spins and jumps and things, but only from standing still!  I can't link anything together at all.  How come kids can do this right from the start?

luv2sk8

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 04:30:46 pm »
I have been pondering for a while what my aims are bronzeatlast has clarified it for me. I need to join things together too and turn at speed. Wahaay!
YYYAAAAAAYYYYYY! Passed NISA Field Moves Level 1!
BAC2010 Pre bronze Free Category 3 Bronze! :)

rach

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 04:34:47 pm »
Most importantly... to join things together.  At the moment I can do lots of spins and jumps and things, but only from standing still!  I can't link anything together at all.  How come kids can do this right from the start?

that was mine too....well still is as whenever i try my jumps with bit of skating first my mind says NO so that is what the year of atttack is all about and so far its not bad i just have to keep saying you can do that dont be so stupid! i can and i will! haha ;D

Paul 2

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 09:32:55 am »

Yey!!

Managed my first forward crossovers last night, left over right and a bit wobbly, but it's a start!!!  :)

Paul
Skating at Sheffield and Hull. Started Skate UK April 2007
L 6 March 2012. Still working on L 7! The harder the struggle, the more frustrating it is

Christine

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 01:44:48 pm »
Yey!!

Managed my first forward crossovers last night, left over right and a bit wobbly, but it's a start!!!  :)

Paul

That's wonderful Paul, I'm so pleased for you - not long now and you'll be doing them backwards  ;D
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

santa-maria

• Skating with attitude
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 02:05:11 pm »
Yey!!

Paul

Dear Paul, I have to assure you I found backward ones much more easier then forward crossovers so keep trying.. They are really hard thing to do.. O0
Life is just question of priorities...

For Fame, Glory and Cuddly toys..

rach

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 06:14:38 pm »
Yes congratulations Paul!!!!!! they definitely coming on! who'd have thought 6 months ago mister "I am gonna sell my boots on ebay" would not only have finally gotten over his mental block of level 4 but also managed a few crossovers! Told ya! attacko attacko!  :D

And I am also very thrilled to report that I am still attacking myself and the chicken out tactic is only applied 10% of the time rather than 50%! Now just gotta get that loop sorted! My spins are getting there so am very happy after last nights skate....oh and also thrilled to report only minor bruising after the rather abrupt landing! haha! ;D

Lynds Skates

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 06:34:35 pm »
Well done Paul!!  Forward crossovers are indeed scary things, so biggest congrats coming your way!

My joy...I've ordered my new boots!  Yay!!  In another month I should have them!
Passed Grade 10!! 

Working on Bronze...!

skatesnake

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 06:44:04 pm »
My joy is that I have booked some leave from work just so that I can spend some time going skating - need all the practice I can get - and cant wait. Have booked 1 day a week for 3 weeks.  :)
Skate UK Level 1 - Passed Dec 2010
Skate UK Level 2 - Passed Dec 2010
Skate UK Level 3 - Passed Feb 2011

Chelle

• Damn the man save the empire!
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 07:29:00 pm »
My goal for 2009 is to past the rest of my Skate UK levels so 6 to 10 I am doing some elements from 6 to 9 I just have to pass the others! Also to drag as many people I can to the rink to get at leased one person addicted! ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy