Author Topic: You know you're a skating addict...  (Read 14253 times)

Christine

Re: You know you're a skating addict...
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 02:07:12 pm »
You must all have large houses - you couldn't swing a cat in either my bathroom or kitchen and you have to breath in to let someone else pass  :(
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

Slippy Slider

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 02:22:24 pm »
You must all have large houses - you couldn't swing a cat in either my bathroom or kitchen and you have to breath in to let someone else pass  :(

Yeh - I live in a first floor flat and the other week, the neighbour in the flat below me knocked on my door to complain about all the banging about that he could hear - It comes to something when you consider moving house in order to do off ice practice without complaints from neighbours!
Lost in a world of infinite possibilities, but with no Chocolate Hobnobs  :P

Andy

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 02:28:54 pm »
Dear All
That is why Iam using the Smitten Smiley Iam so addicted blame Lynds Skates she used it last, the things you find when you are snooping round and at least most of you had the sense to practice in your own homes not like me LOL!!!.  Yes its the one next door who moans about me on a Saturday morning and it looks like his little girl and his wife are comming with me soon to start skating LOL.
 :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:Andi :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:42:45 pm by Andie »

molly

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 02:32:40 pm »
Hmm.... No we can't be addicts.
Addicts don't admit to their addiction do they?  :P

How about a Xmas buffet lunch party with lots of skatey people discussing the brain chemistry that could, just might make skating addictive.  ;)

Driving from Oban on the West coast of Scotland to Dundee on the East cos you can not possibly survive two whole weeks holiday without skating. :D

When someone says - "Oh, we'll see you on Dancing on Ice next" and you can answer, "No, but you might see some people I know"

You go skating instead of to the sales, thanking the sales for keeping the rink quiet. :)

Whatever you look at in the sales is assessed for suitability as skating wear.  ::)

When the consultant is assessing if you are well enough to be allowed out of hospital after a chest infection and asthma splat and the most important question you have for him is "But will I be well enough to skate on Friday?" :-[
started skating  in April 07, age 53
Passed level 10 last year. Now just working on improving.

rach

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 02:49:33 pm »
You gotta be well enough Moll!
Andi....as for only practising in your own house......errrr no! I also practise in the ICT suite at work, by the photocopier and in random workingmens clubs after going to see a band... was hanging around while they packed up stuff.... i practised teapots and spirals which led to the comment can you do the splits then? told em not quite but pretty close so then had to give demo...... now bearing in mind I am actually quite  a quiet person who doesn't like lots of attention and generally hdides in the corner this was amusing!
I have also been known to do teapots in bowling alleys...... and wrong leg teapots badly in bowling alleys! but the worst thing is I now do it without even realising I'm doing it... I actually can't stand still anymore!

Slippy Slider

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 02:53:55 pm »
Woohhooo - CONGRATULATIONS Rach - You're now into 4 figures  :) :) :) :)
Lost in a world of infinite possibilities, but with no Chocolate Hobnobs  :P

Andy

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 02:54:52 pm »
Rach
Congratulations you just hit your 1000 post
Sorry no prizes

Also Iam getting fed up of putting that smitten smiley I am all Smittened out !!
Andi

Christine

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 03:00:56 pm »
Yes Rach - go girl go!  1000+ and climbing  ;D
Gold Dance 2009
Bronze Free 19/03/2009
Working on Level 1 Field moves and would like to do Level 1 Dance if I find the time
Proud to be a 'Silver Skater' ! To live is to skate, to skate is to live. (Apologies to Snoopy)

rach

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 03:08:49 pm »
wooohooo!!!!! am very excited.... oh please can I have a prize....?!!! pretty please?! I'd like some jumping confidence please.....surely after 1000+ i deserve it!!!! haha! okay it is quite scary... maybe I ought to get out more?!

Andy

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 03:16:25 pm »
Rach
7 Days
21 Hours
57 minutes and counting
23 topics
1 poll (i don't know how to do these)
9 Votes (ditto see above)

Go on a have a prize.or a wish ?? you're choice
Andi

rach

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 03:25:47 pm »
ooo thats freaky feel like somebodys watching me! I'd like a prize of jumping confidence as said above... now how will I claim that one?!

and as for the polls... think that has since been disabled!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 03:27:21 pm by rach »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy