Author Topic: Good day, bad day - February  (Read 1217 times)

Derek

Good day, bad day - February
« on: February 25, 2007, 04:03:16 pm »
Got this idea for a thread on another forum - I hope it ok to use it here. The concept is simple, comments on your skating are put into two categories - good or bad. New thread for a new month, to save it getting unwieldy.

Good day:
Sunday is my skating classes day, whoopee. I assist with the level 1 and 2 first, then sit in at level 10. The instructor had us doing basic elements today, outside three turns, step forwards, mohawks and cross rolls. The final objective to link them all together, not easy, and excellent for showing poor posture. Just because I can do a 3 turn, does not mean that I exit it perfectly balanced, ready for another element. I love this stuff.

Bad day:
The public session afterwards was very crowded, no doubt fuelled by the television programme - Dancing on ice. Couldn't even find a small patch of ice at the far end to practice moves. I did manage one spin of 4 turns, but gave up with people passing too close on either side ... I skated until the session ended and came home. There is always tomorrow afternoon ...
Bronze Passport: PASSED Woohoo !
Silver: PASSED Yippee !
Gold: Back Spin PASSED One Foot Spin ____ Toe Loop ____ Programme ____

The impossible is only a journey away ...

ICEHOCKYMAD

Re: Good day, bad day - February
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:12:58 pm »
Bad Day:
went to the ice rink but my dad kinda took the p*** and by the time we got to the place it was just about closing

Zak

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:02:20 pm »
good day

Had my first lesson today, it was great

bad day

It didnt last long enough

Zachary

Sk8r_Ra-RaB

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 06:04:12 pm »
Good Day:

On Thursday I had an entire session of pure edges for an hour with my coach.  We went through them over and over and over again.  The figure of 8 backwards cross overs are perfect even when going the unnatural way round.  The hands are slowly matching up with my feet on the inside edges... Mohawks are coming along nicely.

Bad Day

I look like a complete weirdo doing backwards cross rolls - I spend more time on the verge of staring at my feet than I do getting the step perfected.
x_Ra-Ra_x Skates ....................

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy