Author Topic: Childrens Privacy  (Read 6356 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Childrens Privacy
« on: November 01, 2008, 01:26:48 am »
Regarding the recent discussions of childrens privacy on the forum, I think it is a good idea not to mention specific children under the age of 16 who are not in the public eye. Their parents may not want their name and details made public. For example: A google for "Dempsey Andrews" reveals she is mentioned in around 150 other websites and appears to have her own fan site, so is clearly in the public eye. Whereas up and coming 8 year old "Jane Doe" from our local rink who has never been mentioned on the internet before, is not.

Even if that person is in the public eye, care should be taken not make false derogatory statements about them as you could get into very hot water for breaking the law regarding libel, slander, or defamation of character. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defamation.

The recent discussions got a little heated and so it is all deleted. The parent who raised the issue is happy that no further action be taken so I think that should be the end of the matter.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:45:29 am by Chris »

SkatingBabe

Re: Childrens Privacy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 09:02:23 pm »
I will definately not mention any more young skaters on this forum.

Im happy this problem as been solved

SkateUK Grade 3. PASSED!!!!!

Currently trying to do backward crossovers!!!
Also forward crossovers.
On the forward ones im ok going anti clockwise but i am finding going clockwise really difficult, can't get left leg over at all :(

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy